New Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Penn State had these on sale plus 15.00$ off of a 99.00$ online order. I thought that I would go ahead and get it but it will be some time before I get to use it.
IMG_20180723_140459636.jpg

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=86095

awldune

Sam
User
Don't know much about the quality, but it's a great price for a chuck plus all those jaws. I have often been tempted to pick one up but they are not available in 1 1/4'' x 8.

awldune

Sam
User
Hey, Sam. PSI does have a 1-1/4" x 8 Spindle Adapter - it cost about $20 plus shipping.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/LA11418.html

Thanks Raymond. I actually have an adapter but I have understood (rightly or wrongly) that it is best for a chuck to be attached directly to the spindle. The idea is that the adapter is giving you extra hangout beyond the headstock bearings. Could be a nonfactor in practice, I really don't know.

I guess the other factor is, I already have a Nova chuck and the Barracuda would be a secondary chuck.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Don't know much about the quality, but it's a great price for a chuck plus all those jaws. I have often been tempted to pick one up but they are not available in 1 1/4'' x 8.

With the little things that I do I am sure it will be fine. When I move up to some bigger stuff I will try to get something better.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User

They also sell adapters to mount the chuck on a 1 1/4 x 8 headstock. :)

Jerry

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
With the little things that I do I am sure it will be fine. When I move up to some bigger stuff I will try to get something better.

Phil-------I have the same chuck and use it with the spindle adapter on my PM 3520. I have used it turning bowls up to 18" diameter with no issues. I don't think you went wrong with getting it. Hope you will soon recover and be able to test it out.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS