New cedar vase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handturnedbowls

New User
James Holland
I dont make a habit of posting my work, and usually put some of the good ones in my gallery.

But I am amazed at the colors that cedar produces in bowls. They look like they are on fire. I wish I had my original size of this photograph but I scaled it down to fit at my website.

Dave O - I know you will like this.

Check out the coloration of this vase.

cedarvess02.jpg

This is the last one I'll be able to do for a little while. I will be delivering all my inventory to the Fayetteville Museum of Art on the 9th.

Wish me luck guys, I can sure use it right now.

cad

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Another masterful turning cad. I do wish you would post more of your work, I enjoy looking. I hope your show does super!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cad, you better believe I appreciate that. E. Red Cedar is some of the most beautiful North American woods available. I have to second Clay's comment, please post more of your work. It's an inspiration to us all. Plus my wife said why can't you make me something like that , and I told her I need a bigger lathe and better tools :-D You are creating positive change :icon_thum :lol:
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome vase, Cad!!!:eusa_clap

Good luck at your show. I am quite sure your work will generate a lot of interest and be very well received!!

Wayne

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Man, that looks really sharp Cad.:icon_thum How long will your stuff be on display in the art museum and what days will you be there? I'll have to swing by there and take a look at your work.

D L

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Cad that looks great. I don't think it could have turned out any better! Do you turn the cedar green, or is it primarily dried. I had some problems with chipout when just messing around with some cedar previously.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Beautiful vase Cad...I wish you much success with the upcoming show!
Good luck,

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Did you let that vase have some exposure to the sun prior to finishing? It looks brownish vs. the vibrant red of your previous bowl?

Just curious:)

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Cad, That is a beautiful looking vase! You have inspired me. I have been hording a fair size chunk of cedar for several months now. Guess I am going to have to break it out and see what I can do with it! Again, it looks great!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Greybeard

New User
Pat
DaveO said:
Cad, you better believe I appreciate that. E. Red Cedar is some of the most beautiful North American woods available. I have to second Clay's comment, please post more of your work. It's an inspiration to us all. Plus my wife said why can't you make me something like that , and I told her I need a bigger lathe and better tools :-D You are creating positive change :icon_thum :lol:

Dave, I think I am going to have to borrow a few of your comments to your wife! :icon_thum :icon_thum Who knows, It may work! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc I think the WG disease is spreading down this way! What do I do!! 8-O

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Greybeard said:
Dave, I think I am going to have to borrow a few of your comments to your wife! :icon_thum :icon_thum Who knows, It may work! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc I think the WG disease is spreading down this way! What do I do!! 8-O

Go with it, you can't fight it, it is bigger than you, and it's only money, you can't take it with you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
What Dave said. But be forwarned... only 1 tool purchase will only worsen the symptoms. It's a ruthless downward spiral...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors