New Boast and gloat!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks to @Chris C I am on the local auction e-mail list and one ended last night...
I started a low bid on this 1/2 hp buffer and won it at $55 ($67.68 with buyer's premium and taxes)
Feeling pretty good about this one since new they are $177.99+ shipping and currently not in stock - (not that I would buy a new one, since nearly nothing I have is new... LOL)

It came with a couple more wheels and some compound!
IMG_6921.JPG

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I purchased a couple 3M "Scotch Brite" wheels and they work REALLY good for getting rust off all the "not new" things I happen across!

Also, I have roughed out a tote in Bocote and wanted to simply "buff" the finish, but there is a LOT of sanding a filing before I will get there.... LOL

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
not only polished but BUFF! maybe...... :p
.... wanted to simply "buff" the finish, but there is a LOT of sanding a filing before I will get there.... LOL

Not quite sure what the right grit to start with for sanding Hank, and I sure don't know the right filling compound to get Hank to BUFF. But whatever the process, apparently there is a lot of it to do, by his own admission.

In my case, we'd have to adjust our expectations!

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Make your Christmas Merry….I’ll give ya 68$ for it
I would probably have to check if I still had my socks after the transaction! LOL (knowing I probably had lost my mind....)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS