New Bass Guitar Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazdaman

New User
Steve
hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on here. Been working hard on this new Bass build. Want to throw this out there and show you the finished product. This is a 5 string fretless made from Zebra wood, Padouk, Sapele, Walnut, Maple and Ebony. It's got 6 coats of lacqure buffed to a shine and active/passive electronics. The sustain is incredible. Looking to enter this one into a woodworking competition and eventually sell it. Let me know what you all think, thanks for looking.

Click Link to view all images

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Steve,
Awesome work of art. My son is a base player and would love to have something like that.
Simply beautiful sir.
Tim

sazdaman

New User
Steve
Thanks all. It was a challenging project due to the curved body. Nothing is flat making it very difficult to do ANYTHING! Appreciate all your comments.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
WOW!! With this in the competition, all I can say is that "You are in it to Win it!" Beautiful craftsmanship, thank you for sharing it with us.

Donn

jglord

New User
John
I agree with everyone else - the bass is beautiful.
Your photo essay of the build is amazing. You've practically but a how-to manual. With an understanding of the work to complete each step one could build a similar instrument - probably no where near as pretty as yours!:icon_cheers

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
That is beautiful!!!! Good luck on the competition.

Your photo step by step is outstanding. Really enjoyed that.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS