New Bandsaw Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
As promised, a pic of the bandsaw installed atop the supplied base.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is a far as assembly proceeded. As you can see in the pics, the trunnion for the table is at an angle (35 degrees). I wanted it level to slide the table past the installed blade but the trunnion wouldn't move! I called Rikon and, after troubleshooting and additional call, a new trunnion is on being sent out to me. They say I should receive it in 5 to 10 business days.
I can hardly wait as I also ordered a 3/4 inch woodslicer blade and it has arrived so now I am waiting on the new trunnion.

Attachments

• Rikon 08.jpg
    Rikon 08.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Rikon 09.jpg
    Rikon 09.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 297

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
But, but, but, the table is not mounted. Gloat is not completed until the tool is fully assmebled. Still WIP photos are greatly appreciated.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Since you are going to have to replace the trunnion, have you taken off the one on there now and seen what the problem is? Do you have some sort of gearing to make the table tilt?

Roy G

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Bruce, nice looking bandsaw! Does this model have a foot break? For some reason or another, I thought that the newer Rikon 14" models were equipped with a break. That said, I have an older model Rikon and once you get it dialed in, it is a very fine saw for the money!

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Since you are going to have to replace the trunnion, have you taken off the one on there now and seen what the problem is? Do you have some sort of gearing to make the table tilt?

Roy G

Yes, there is gearing and I don't like the looks of it, but it doesn't appear to be the problem. It seems to be in the machining/fit of the trunnion track itself.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Bruce, nice looking bandsaw! Does this model have a foot break? For some reason or another, I thought that the newer Rikon 14" models were equipped with a break. That said, I have an older model Rikon and once you get it dialed in, it is a very fine saw for the money!

Nope, no foot brake. It is the smaller saw and has a cabinet/base underneath.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
attachment.php

This is the new band saw all assembled with the new trunnion and tested.

Money notwithstanding, why did I wait so long? Straight out the box, with the included blade, it already resaws better than the old one after much delicate tuning.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 0712171014 1.jpg
    0712171014 1.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 215

garymuto

New User
Gary
I have a 10-325 and like it a lot. I upgraded the guides to a Carter set before Rikon made their improvements. I had some issues initially but Rikon customer service was so good that I forget what problems I had. The light is useless and they seem to have fixed that by eliminating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS