New Bandsaw - continuing saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
[FONT=&amp]As most of you know from my earlier posts, I ordered a Rikon 10-326 from Highland Woodworking and posted pictures of the assembly. But the trunnion was binding and I coordinated with Rikon for a new trunnion on the 29[SUP]th[/SUP] of June.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]On the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] of July, last Friday, I called Rikon to get a tracking number for shipment. The person I spoke with could not find a shipment to me in their system and the person I had coordinated with was out of the office until Monday.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Also on Friday I sent an email to Highland Woodworking customer service to let them know I was having problems and give them a heads up about a possible return of their product. I received two emails from Highland Woodworking on Friday.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The first was “[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Sorry to hear that. Please keep us posted on what transpires.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The second, from Ed Scent letting me know that they appreciated my business, that Rikon was normally responsive to customers in getting replacement parts, and that he had forwarded my email to Rod Burrows, head of tech support at Rikon (whose auto reply email response informed he was out of the office to return on July 10[SUP]th[/SUP]). He also said that he would contact them on Monday to see that they were following up.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]There must have been some fireworks left over from the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] of July because, by 11:30 I had email from the original person I had talked to with a copy of the order confirmation with CC to Ed Scent and Rod Burrows, another person at Rikon with a copy of the invoice for the trunnion, and a FedEx overnight tracking number email.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Now I can hardly wait for it to get here, get it installed, take a picture of the final product for yall, and test it out with both the installed blade and the new Wood slicer blade from Highland.[/FONT]

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Sounds like one of those "All's well that ends well" scenarios. Hope this replacement gets you up and running. I think you'll like that Wood Slicer blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors