New 14" Delta 3/4 HP Bandsaw 28-276 - $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlottend

New User
Brian
This post is part deal, part gloat, and part thanks.

In case you missed it buried in the Delta 17-950L DP thread a few weeks ago, Lowes is also clearing out their 14" Delta Bandsaw. Clearance price is $349, but thanks to jhreed, tommyt654, and terry1166 (and their receipts) I just picked one up for $100 at the Lowes on South Tryon St here in Clt. They had told me when I PM'd the drill press there that they couldn't do the same for the bandsaw until it was declared non-stock at their store. True to their word, it went non-stock this week and they PM'd the receipt from the Concord store.

Anyway, if anyone's still in the market, as of noon today they still had two in boxes (one of them up high on aisle 18 ) and the floor model. The Matthews store has 3 in boxes as well, but not sure if you'll have luck getting a PM there.

I'll post a picture of the receipt when I get home to help anyone else that's in the hunt. Now to get 240lbs of iron down a flight of stairs. (That means this thing is about $0.40 a pound!)

Thanks again everyone for the tips and receipts.

JPio

New User
Jon
...and Michael Jordan was a 'pretty good' basketball player.....:icon_thum

So Brian, I called the South Tryon store at 9:30 tonight and told them we were part of the same woodworking 'club' and that I would also like the $100 deal on the bandsaw....at 9:45 I was giving them my credit card number....tomorrow morning I pick it up.

Thank you for posting! I owe you a beer.

Jon

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just called the West Raleigh store. They have two in the box plus the display. My name is on one of those and it shows as $100 in their system:gar-Bi

Charlottend

New User
Brian
Great! Glad to hear that some stores seem to be coming around. That South Tryon store is probably my new favorite Lowes. Very friendly staff, unlike some of the Matthews one's I spoke to.

tsjeepcj

New User
Tim
I just scored the last bandsaw and the display drill press from the S. Tryon store. I can't wait to get them set up.

Thanks for the info on these, that's a great deal.

X2 on the folks at the Lowes on South Tryon, they were as nice as they could be. I went to the Matthews store first and they were very helpful, but they weren't willing to do the pm.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Just called the West Raleigh store. They have two in the box plus the display. My name is on one of those and it shows as $100 in their system

Phil, good for you sounds like you got hold of someone that was better than the guys I've talked to.

I was in the West Ral store on Sunday and noticed that they had taken the Delta BS display off the floor and put the Porter Cable one in it's place so I inquired again about the clearance price, was told it was still $349, and asked about the price match with my receipts. I was told they wouldn't match it for the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks so I figured I'd just keep trying as long as they had some on the racks. I was in there a not too long ago today and asked about them again and was told once again that even though the display model was down the clearance price was still $349. When I asked again about the price match and reached for my receipts the guy told me that someone had already tried that "trick" this morning with them and was told no as well. I asked if I could speak to the mgr on duty about it and then the guy told me it wouldn't do any good as the last three they had were already sold.:realmad: He claimed that all were sold for the $349 clearance price, not sure why his response to my first question wasn't that they didn't have any left to sale so the price really wasn't important.:dontknow: Oh well hope someone got them at the $100 price...

I didn't really need one right now but would have figured out what to do with one for the match price.

Brian

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, good for you sounds like you got hold of someone that was better than the guys I've talked to.

I was in the West Ral store on Sunday and noticed that they had taken the Delta bandsaw display off the floor and put the Porter Cable one in it's place so I inquired again about the clearance price, was told it was still $349, and asked about the price match with my receipts. I was told they wouldn't match it for the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks so I figured I'd just keep trying as long as they had some on the racks. I was in there a not too long ago today and asked about them again and was told once again that even though the display model was down the clearance price was still $349. When I asked again about the price match and reached for my receipts the guy told me that someone had already tried that "trick" this morning with them and was told no as well. I asked if I could speak to the mgr on duty about it and then the guy told me it wouldn't do any good as the last three they had were already sold.:realmad: He claimed that all were sold for the $349 clearance price, not sure why his response to my first question wasn't that they didn't have any left to sale so the price really wasn't important.:dontknow: Oh well hope someone got them at the $100 price...

I didn't really need one right now but would have figured out what to do with one for the match price.

Brian

I was at the capital blvd this morning and had them check the price and stock of the Delta bandsaw. They verified the $100 price but told me they did not have any and the closet store that did was West Raleigh. I called WR and they said they had two in the box and that they would hold one for me at the $100 price. When I got there the same person told me that he was mistaken and that both were sold. He then told me that he would not have let them go at $100 and that those that had been sold at $100 must have been either damaged or missing parts - he claims to have called the other stores and verified this. If anybody can prove they bought one of these new in the box for $100 please let me know. I really do not even need this saw but I wanted to get it for my SIL as a Thank you for serving gift when he gets home from the middle east.

Charlottend

New User
Brian
Ah man. I can't prove I got mine NIB, although it most certainly was. I would have taken a picture of it sealed up for you, but I had to take it out of the box and move it in pieces to get it down stairs. The S Tryon store actually called the Concord store on mine and confirmed the $100 price with them when I used jhreed's receipt.

I'll send you a PM about a trick I used to find a store with one. Don't want to post it since it might be a bit of a loophole.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Phil, sorry you got the run around there too bro. :thumbs_do I was told there were 3 there but I only saw 2 in boxes stored overhead and the were both still there when I was in there this afternoon. I guess they were both being held. :dontknow:

Oh well, the thing that bugs me the most is I had specifically asked the first, and last guy, if they would match another store if I had a receipt, he of course said yes. I then asked if he would match a receipt for $100 (also asked about $150) and his reply was "of course we will if you have a receipt for that amount", then of course when I produced the receipts the excuses about stock status started. The same dude told me when it changed to non-stock they would match the price if they had any left, but obviously that's not the case. :no:

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS