Need Wood donations for Light Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed D

New User
Ed
I'll come to the booth at the Stanley County Agri-Civic Center on Saturday; look forward to meeting a few folks.
Ed

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just picked up 3 boxes of wood from Klingspor that they donated to us. I'll be working on turning it into useful blanks over the next few weeks. Anybody that wants to stop by some afternoon and help is welcome to come by my shop. Just let me know when so I'm not out running errands.

Thanks to Coleman and Paul from Klingspor for the donation.

Maintman78

New User
Joel
Hi. My wife and of my kids went to the ag center in Albemarle today and visited your booth. The 2 older kids got one of your light sabers each and love them! The youngest (19months old) was asleep or something and didn't get one but is sure loving his brothers and sisters! Where can I get one of them? I will gladly pay for it, so just let me know! Thank you!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi. My wife and of my kids went to the ag center in Albemarle today and visited your booth. The 2 older kids got one of your light sabers each and love them! The youngest (19months old) was asleep or something and didn't get one but is sure loving his brothers and sisters! Where can I get one of them? I will gladly pay for it, so just let me know! Thank you!

Our goal with these is not to sell them or give them away, but to teach kids and adults to learn to enjoy woodworking and make something themselves or for a family member.

We have a lot of upcoming events in various places around North Carolina that you might be able to attend in the next few months to re-create the joy you other children experienced from creating a treasure of their own making. That is the feeling we are trying to establish. The joy of making something by themselves or with help from a parent. We are not in the business of selling finished units. Our primary mission is teaching. If we can teach a kid to enjoy some kind of woodworking, or event get his parents interested in pursuing that goal, we have won a convert.

Too few schools are teaching this anymore and we are trying to fill that gap.

Thank you for your interest and we'd love to see you at one of our future events, there are many scheduled in the coming months. Hopefully somebody less sleepy than I am now will post a list of our upcoming Outreach scheduled activities.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Joel thanks for bringing the youngsters out yesterday. We hope they enjoyed themselves. We will be in Danbury,Nc on Sept 10-11. In King,NC on Oct 1st, and at the Exstravaganza Oct 28 & 29. Hope this helps you out

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
If I can figure out how to get it to you, I have a bunch of mahogany that you're welcome to. It's not a lot but it may be enough to help. Anyone in the south Charlotte area willing to do a pony express?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Carl, thank you and you might want to check with Raymond. He has been attending a lot of our Outreach events lately and might be able to PE it for you.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Carl, send me a PM on this and we can make a decision and then announce online once we have worked out the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors