Need time commitments re: Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I believe it is time to get specific commitment re: time at the Raleigh show. This is not necessarily written in stone, and folks can be participate as much as you want. We just need to be sure someone will be there throughout. We may want to get fairly specific times on the demo's, realizing that life gets in the way and things happen.

I listed blocks of time for the demo's in large blocks. We can split it up when we post it to the membership to see is we can get more participation.

Friday:

3:00 - 6:00 - to help set up and sign folks in -

Sat:
7:30 - 9:30 - Sign in and help out - McRabbet

Demo's:

Scroll saw - 9:30 - lunch - cskipper (or any other time there's
a vacant spot)
After lunch - 2
2 - until awards ceremony -

Pen Turning: 9:30 - lunch
After lunch - 2

Bowl Turning: 9:30 - lunch
After lunch - 2

Carving: 9:30 - lunch
After lunch - 2

Sharpening: 9:30 - lunch
After lunch - 2

Other demo's?

NCWW booth - 9:30 - lunch - McRabbet
After lunch - 2 - McRabbet
2 - until awards ceremony - McRabbet

Clean-up

McRabbet

Can we fill this in with any reasonably solid info we know, and the fine tune it to post on the forum?
Thanks,
Cathy

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the outline, Cathy. This weekend I'll start polling the volunteers we've seen sign up & see if we can get them committed to a time schedule. I've seen much interest in other Threads so it would be a good thing to consolidate that. However, as you've said, sometimes life gets in the way & many times volunteers fall through so some overlap is usually not a bad thing either.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Thanks for the suggestion Cathy. I'm not that familiar with the way the timeline went in the past, but Rob will likely chime in on this after he talks to Paul. It may be more of a floating timeline. Not sure.....

M

McRabbet

Cathy,

I'll be there at 7:30 AM for the Event sign-up table and had planned to man the NCWW table all day (you signed yourself up for both scrollsawing and that table from 9:30 - lunch). I can fill in on NCWW table anytime during the day. Just an editing issue: did you mean to have Turning listed 3 times? I'd suggest one be Pen Turning and one Bowl Turning and that you remove the "Carving: Other demos 9:30 - lunch" text from the latter part of several of your entries (I suspect your cut/paste got over zealous!).

cskipper

Cathy
Please feel free to edit as you need to. I was trying to type it and John was hurrying me to get ready to go out.

I never meant it as anything more than a push. We really need to share a clean one to the group (with what they've already volunteered for). And the whole thing may be too formalized.

I'm sorry if it felt to anyone that I was taking over. I was being pushy, given the short amount of available planning time. I'll be there all day. Trent is going to pick up the donuts for us. I can scroll or be at the NCWW area, wherever I am needed.

M

McRabbet

I agree with Trent that your schedule is a good idea (you are not being pushy) -- I'll make a few edits in your original post and then why don't you add the schedule to the open thread requesting support. Okay?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like you guys have managed to keep this ball rolling without me.
Glad to know. Hope you don't need to do it again. I had every intention of coming up tomorrow, but cannot get away.
I believe Trent has already received the banner a& other items shipped to him for the volunteers.
Hope all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS