Need Someone in Raleigh to Mill a Small Odd-Ball White Oak Trim Piece

bradesp

New User
Brad
Can anyone here in the Raleigh area mill a small white oak trim piece for me? Below are the specs.

Let me know! BTW, I need two of these odd-ball trim pieces.

Floor Trim Specs.jpg

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Brad - anyone with a table saw and support for a 70" piece could likely do that. I am quite busy so unless you are really patient I'd take myself out of the picture just for wait-list reasons.

If you don't find any takers here - I know Capitol City Lumber on Beryl Rd near NC Fairgrounds sells white Oak and does custom milling in their shop - but it won't be cheap (well if anyone does this commecally it won't be 'cheap').

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
It might be too far away for you, but "The Moulding source" might be an option down in Mooresville?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
How/where do you see 70 inches? I don’t get it. At all.. unless you want those measurements to mean thickness. And how would that work?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you have the piece of oak I could do this sometime this weekend. I will cut the bevel and radius with a hand plane

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Berta look at diagonal measurement 69.5"
I see it. I drew it. If the two sides are less than one inch high, and you connect them…that’s not anywhere NEAR 70”. I’m not the one doing it, so it doesn’t matter. I can’t wrap my head around it.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I see it. I drew it. If the two sides are less than one inch high, and you connect them…that’s not anywhere NEAR 70”. I’m not the one doing it, so it doesn’t matter. I can’t wrap my head around it.
The solid lines are a drawing of the end of the stick. The dotted line just tells how long the stick is, ignore that line. It is supposed to be in perspective, but it’s not accurate.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
It’s the end of a 70” board. Thanks Mike. Sometimes you understand me pretty well.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS