Need some help, please

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Actually we (the Board of Directors) need a few members to join us. NCWW depends on new BoD members to keep us from getting stale - new blood is important in every organization. Please send me a message when you decide. Thanks

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm not sure how wise a decision this is, but I'll toss my hat in for one term. I have old blood Phil, maybe I need some of that Geritol for iron poor, tired blood. Anyhow, I'm sure I can throw out at least one idea to disrupt our thoughts.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Phil S I dont feel like I am stale yet? Its only been a year! :p
You are not and no one person is and I certainly hope NCWW is not. However, it is my opinion that all organizations need a routine rollover. That is why every year 3 or 4 of our Board members are up for elections each year and it is incumbent on whomever is in my position to ask for members to consider joining the Board of Directors. Scott, I for one will be quick to point out how important it is for you to stay around since you are critically important to our .com efforts

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can you give me an idea of what the responsibilities would be ?
The board meets in person about once a quarter or when things really need to be discussed. We try to meet somewhere central to our current members so nobody has to drive too far. We do a lot of our discussion and decide things in a private BoD only forum here on the site and also by email. It is not required but we like for board members to log on frequently and be able to respond to questions such as this one. And just keep up with what's going on with the site. It really doesn't take a lot of time over and above what you'd normally be doing browsing the site. Once a Board member you'll have access to several admin and private forums that will give you a better idea of the inner workings of the group. We do get a little busy preparing for and setting up the annual picnic which has been moved to the fall this year due to the craziness going around this spring. Some of the positions have specific duties such as the Web Master, Secretary (take minutes and send agendas for meetings), Treasurer (keep track of our spending and manage the bank account), Development Director (solicit advertisers and prizes for the raffle) - a full list is in the call for nominations post.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS