Need sliding compound Miter Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
My son is taking my 10" Makita slider. I don't think it will be back as he says so I am searching for a 10" or 12" to replace it. I am thinking used in good shape or maybe need to go new.

Any members considering upgrade or clearance sale let me know.

Happy Thanksgiving

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a 12" DeWalt with a good Freud Crosscut blade to replace the contractor style blade it comes with. Much better for cutting Hardwood rather than 2x4's the original blade was made for.

Pretty sure it is this model:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-12-in-15-Amp-Dual-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw/1000145735

I also have one of these stands if you can use it also.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Aluminum-Adjustable-Miter-Saw-Stand/3326150

I bought a Festool Kapex recently and now the DeWalt is excess.

I'd want $200 for the saw and $100 for the stand. I'll throw in the blade. It has some wear and spilled stain on it, but still cuts very square.

Let me know if you're interested and we can figure out how to get them to you. I should be making a trip to Cary sometime after the Holiday traffic clears.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
If Dan does not want it, I would be interested. I would want the saw (with blade) and stand.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan, that's a good deal and a good saw. I've used that model of saw for several years pretty much daily and it preforms very well.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
BTW, It does have a laser - only one unlike the Kapex which has two - one for each side of the blade. It only shows one side of the blade.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
I've been very happy with my 12" dewalt, similar to Ken's. The saw and stand works great for hauling out and building a wheel chair ramp. Don't know if it can be tuned well enough for picture frames, but then again hauling it out to build wheel chair ramps probably has an impact on that.

FWIW, I saw 12" dewalt sliders on sale at my local Lowes for $399 - $200 off. I bet there is a new model coming soon.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I have a 12" DeWalt with a good Freud Crosscut blade to replace the contractor style blade it comes with. Much better for cutting Hardwood rather than 2x4's the original blade was made for.

Pretty sure it is this model:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-12-in-15-Amp-Dual-Bevel-Sliding-Compound-Miter-Saw/1000145735

I also have one of these stands if you can use it also.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Aluminum-Adjustable-Miter-Saw-Stand/3326150

I bought a Festool Kapex recently and now the DeWalt is excess.

I'd want $200 for the saw and $100 for the stand. I'll throw in the blade. It has some wear and spilled stain on it, but still cuts very square.

Let me know if you're interested and we can figure out how to get them to you. I should be making a trip to Cary sometime after the Holiday traffic clears.

I will buy the entire deal. Sold

Sent PM with contact info

Thanks
Dan

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Since I lost out here, Congrats Dan, I went with the Lowes Black Friday Deal on the same setup. Saw was $399 plus tax and the stand was free as is the shipping. It would have cost me $50 in gas to get it from Ken.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
One upgrade I added to my dewalt slider was an LED work like. It shines down both sides of the blade, and the blade shadow is the cut line. No lasers to adjust.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Since I lost out here, Congrats Dan, I went with the Lowes Black Friday Deal on the same setup. Saw was $399 plus tax and the stand was free as is the shipping. It would have cost me $50 in gas to get it from Ken.

Hey if you got the DW779 or the DW780 you are in the tall cotton. good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS