Need help Patching a hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Johnson

New User
Johnny
This is not a wood working question, but this problem is keeping me from finishing up my bathroom cabs. I have a small leak around the pvc pipe from my house to septic tank. I have dug it out and located where the water is coming into the basement. My question is what do I use to fill the hole. The house was built in 1983 and the contractor put cement around the pipe to seal it. I can put my finger in the hole up to my second knuckle and then I can insert a small stick 12 inches into the hole. In the pic the hole is at 4 o'clock if u are looking straight into it. So far I have considering, If I can find a can of waterproof form with a straw to spray into the block. Then use Dap 100% waterproof sealant to fill the hole where I can put my finger in. The tube says its for doors, windows,gutters and siding. I am also considering getting a small bag of Quikrete to pour the powder in and wet it down. (after the sealant cures). I hope if anyone has made a repair like this or can offer any suggestions they will pass on how they made the repair.
Thanks Johnny

Attachments

• IMG_2520.JPG
    IMG_2520.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2521.JPG
    IMG_2521.JPG
    517.8 KB · Views: 164

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
+1 on hydraulic cement. After it cures, then apply a coat of brush or trowel on foundation waterproofing - either asphalt or latex based. Oops! Just talking about that stuff and now I gotta go clean up.....

gritz

New User
Robert
+1 on hydraulic cement. After it cures, then apply a coat of brush or trowel on foundation waterproofing - either asphalt or latex based. Oops! Just talking about that stuff and now I gotta go clean up.....
Asphalt waterproofing always sneaks out of the container, goes around behind me and gets on everything I'm wearing or using!!

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
Asphalt waterproofing always sneaks out of the container, goes around behind me and gets on everything I'm wearing or using!!

truer words were never spoken! I use that stuff all the time and can never get something done without that stuff sneaking out and getting on parts of me or my clothes no matter how careful I am. Hateful stuff.....but effective.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Hydraulic cement would be my first choice. If that isn't to your liking, I have had good luck using concrete caulk (comes in a tube for use with a caulk gun). I had water intruding under my foundation by coming in under the bottom edge of my front brick steps. Concrete caulk squeezed in under that edge has stopped the leak for over 4 years now. I also used it to seal my garage side door threshold when I lived in FL., where water would come in especially during hurricanes. It lasted for the last 12 years I had the house.

I have used the expanding foam around all my pipes where they go through the concrete foundation, but all those are above grade.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS