Need Help: I don't own a Planer, anyone in Charlotte area willing to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwhiltark

New User
Michael
I do not own a planer, and I am working on making a barnwood counter top for a bar I am putting together over my spring break. The boards I have are beautiful, but are weathered and have some warp to them. I was hoping to be able to run them through a planer to be able to make a nice flush counter top with them. Can anyone help me sometime this week? I live in South East of Charlotte off Independence - but am willing to drive to whoever can help me!

Thanks so much

michaelwhitlark@gmail.com or 919.414.2213 (even if you just have ideas on where I could go!)

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Michel, I have 15 in. plane. Is your wood clean? (nails & screws etc.) I can help you I think. You said some boards had warp to them. A surface plane will clean the weathered surface but, if you run a warped piece through you just get a thinner warped board. The exception to this is a thicker (8 quarters +) we might shave off enough to get rid of some warp.

Pop 704-519-6826

Mr Woodie

New User
Woody
Most nails can be found with a metal detector. But embedded dirt can dull knives very fast.
If I were you and found someone who said they would plane the wood, I would offer to pay for knife sharpening. The cost to sharpen is the easy part. Removing and installing the knives is the big part.
If you find someone to do it, treat them right and in the future, you might have a go to shop, to get a few things done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS