Need help building a Cash Wrap-Pic Attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrewer

John
Corporate Member
I have built a few simple items for a gentleman and he has asked me to build a cash wrap for him. It could me made out of birch plywood and hardwood for the trim, drawers,etc. I am a little concerned this may be out of my league (particularly the drawers and overall layout) so I am wondering if there is anyone in the Raleigh area who might be interested in building this and if not, I'll need alot of advice to help me plan properly. Sorry, but the picture isn't a clear as I hoped. Here's the link to the website:
http://www.newood.com/2005Catalog/05-190.htm

Thanks

Attachments

• CashWrap.jpg
    CashWrap.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 238

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would love to build something like that. What's the budget for the project? Also I would enjoy helping you to do it yourself, it's not as hard as it looks.
Dave:)

jbrewer

John
Corporate Member
Dave: Sounds great. I sent you a pm earlier with some more details as well as my contact numbers(not sure if it went through or not - still learning this system). If you didn't get the pm, let me know and I'll try again.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John I got it and I working up some drawings tonight so I have a better grasp of the project. I see a team effort brewing :-D
Dave:)

dozer

Mike
hey if you need a 3rd set of hands i wouldn't mind helping just for the learning experience.

DaveD

New User
Dave
John, I didn't see prices on that website. Any idea what one from them costs. With them being knockdown cabinets they might be 'relatively' inexpensive.

Looks like a fairly straight forward cabinet build, but by the time you chase down probably 3 sheets of 3/4 ply, 1 sheet of 1/4", 1/2" ply for the drawers, plus drawer slides, some kind of laminate for the top, finish, drawer pulls, etc your price is probably going to be higher.

That cabinet could probably be built just using a skil saw (with a darn good blade), router and a couple of other basic tools though.

If you make it you want to keep the depth to less than 24". Otherwise you are really going to waste plywood (if that's what you make it out of).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS