Need Bandsaw Blades

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I need some bandsaw blades mainly to rip some small pieces and maybe do a radius or sort of curved piece ...not doing a lot of scroll type work at all....Just ripping a small piece to size and get a good cut..Do we have a vendor we use on here or is there a vendor you recommend?

I have a Delta 14" older bandsaw with a riser block.It uses 105" long blades

Thanks in advance!

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I've bought some 105" blades from Woodcraft and others from Highland. I just yesterday installed a new Wood Slicer resaw blade from Highland that went through 2" cherry like a hot knife through butter.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Don't you need a 1/8-3/16" w blade for tighter curves on a bandsaw. I don't have a bs so I'm asking for information. I looked at the 105" blades at woodcraft bands.com but don't understand the terminology. ???????

P-3021/8" X .025
14R
105" to 110"$11.75
P-3033/16 X .025
4S or10R or 14R
105" to 110"$11.00
P-3041/4" X .025
4H or 4S or 6H or 6S or 10R or 14R
105" to 110"$11.00
P-3053/8" X .025
4H or 4S or 6H or 10R
105" to 110"$11.00
P-306 1/2" X .025
3H or 4H or 4S or 6H or 6R
105" to 110"$11.00
P-3073/4" X .032
3H or 4H 6R
105" to 110"$13.50

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
He builds the same quality blades at half the price, most of the rolls he buys are from USA.
Wealth of information on the phone.
Number is tooth per inch then
R = regular tooth
S = skip tooth
H= hook tooth
14R is 14 regular teeth
4S is 4 skip teeth per inch
Skip tooth is better for green wood
regular is better for dry hardwood
hook tooth is more aggressive for resawing

I have no problems re-sawing 12 inch cherry, maple, and sapele with these blades.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
He builds the same quality blades at half the price, most of the rolls he buys are from USA.
Wealth of information on the phone.
Number is tooth per inch then
R = regular tooth
S = skip tooth
H= hook tooth
14R is 14 regular teeth
4S is 4 skip teeth per inch
Skip tooth is better for green wood
regular is better for dry hardwood
hook tooth is more aggressive for resawing

I have no problems re-sawing 12 inch cherry, maple, and sapele with these blades.

Thanks Mike. Danmart77 likes a custom bandsaw blade maker in NC and maybe this is the same fella.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I saw a sign on a garage along US 321 up in the mountains, as we drove past Woodcraft Bands last weekend. He doesn't have a fancy building in a high rent industrial park, just a nondescript multicar garage in the country. With transportation of goods readily available, and the business being basically mail order, I can see why he is able to keep his prices very low. I have purchased Woodslicer blades in the past, and I have enjoyed their great performance, however I still need to run my resawed pieces through the planer to achieve my finished, uniform sizes, therefore the sawed finish is not important. So a $30 Woodslicer vs an $11 Woodcraft Bands is an easy choice for me. Woodcraft Bands is not affiliated with Woodcraft Stores.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A big plus what ever on Woodcraftbands. Just don't call on Friday, as he ain't home. I've ordered blades after lunch, and next day UPS delivered them. My do everything blade is the 1/4", 6 TPI, hook tooth, bimetal blade. Cost more than a plain steel blade, but outlast them 5 to 1, in my experience. I'm not a fan of Timberwolf blades. FYI, Spectrum Saw Supply sells the "woodslicer" under their name for less than Highland.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Farris Belt & Saw custom makes bandsaw blades at their shop in Charlotte. They have almost any blade you can think of. From sawmill to whatever. They stock several hundred types.

Pop

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
I've used Woodcraft for a few years now. John is always willing to go the extra mile and manytimes knew what I needed when I didn't really know. Learned alot from the man.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I need some bandsaw blades mainly to rip some small pieces and maybe do a radius or sort of curved piece ...not doing a lot of scroll type work at all....Just ripping a small piece to size and get a good cut..Do we have a vendor we use on here or is there a vendor you recommend?

I have a Delta 14" older bandsaw with a riser block.It uses 105" long blades

Thanks in advance!
I buy blades from Precision Saw Works in Polkton, NC. They can make any size you want and use Irwin material. Good folk to deal with and reasonably priced.

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
++++++ another 1 for woodcraft bands. Ordered Monday morning, blades arrived Wednesday. John helped me with what I needed, and it was about half the price of my last blade (think it was a Timberwolf).

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I use Woodcraft blades and have been very satisfied with the quality.
I recently purchased several blades from Woodcraft Bands and I am very pleased. John was exceptionally knowledgeable and helpful...I strongly recommend to those who are in the market for bandsaw blades!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS