Need a Round Table Top

bridgebuilder50

New User
Steve
I need a 24 inch round wooden table top in new wood which I can refinish. Is anyone able to provide that for me? What kind of wood? What is the cost? When could it be cut? Depending on where you are, could you ship it to me? Total cost involved? Thanks

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
where are you located? what kind of wood do you prefer? Can it have joints, ie say 10" wide boards edge joined to make a 24" wide slab then a circle cut out? etc. You've left the field wide open! Anyone can make you a pine board and charge you several hundred $$ for a simple piece of edge joined pine. What's your pleasure? Can you be more specific?

BTW, did you just post on the forum to get this table top? or do you plan to stick around? We're a friendly bunch and if you're a woodworker, you can learn a lot here and we always look forward to meeting new members!

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Where are you?
What type of wood?
What is the table top to be used for?
Do you want it finished?

Do you have a base for the table top? What is that made with?

Need information to move forward.

I am in Durham and I can get on it any time. I do not cut the first board without a deposit.

Dan

Last edited:

bridgebuilder50

New User
Steve
Thanks, Michael. I realize I did not give enough information. We have an old table from my wife's grandmother that had a top with a veneer. The veneer is destroyed. So we're looking for a way to replace the whole thing. Yes, it can have joints with 8-10" boards joined and then cut to a 24" round. I want to be able to finish it with a stain and hard varnish in order to make it look decent. Pine would be okay, but I'm open to something more dense if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

RE: I just posted, and I'm interested in woodworking. My son (who lives in Richmond) is a pretty serious young woodworker, too.

bridgebuilder50

New User
Steve
Where are you?
What type of wood?
What is the table top to be used for?
Do you want it finished?

Do you have a base for the table top? What is that made with?

Need information to move forward.

I am in Durham and I can get on it any time. I do not the first board without a deposit.

Dan

Hi Dan -- I'm in Chapel Hill, so I'm close. I can send you a photo of the table if you want -- yes, I have the base (it's metal), and RE: finishing it, I was planning to do that myself. The top can have joints (8-10" boards, joined and then cut into a 24" round). RE: wood kind, I just can't afford to spend too much -- so how much different woods cost would matter to me. I'd prefer something hard, but I may have to go with pine.

bridgebuilder50

New User
Steve
Thanks, Michael. I realize I did not give enough information. We have an old table from my wife's grandmother that had a top with a veneer. The veneer is destroyed. So we're looking for a way to replace the whole thing. Yes, it can have joints with 8-10" boards joined and then cut to a 24" round. I want to be able to finish it with a stain and hard varnish in order to make it look decent. Pine would be okay, but I'm open to something more dense if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

RE: I just posted, and I'm interested in woodworking. My son (who lives in Richmond) is a pretty serious young woodworker, too.
Also, I'm in Chapel Hill. I would need to send you a photo of the table with detailed images of the top for you to be able to replicate it.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Steve,

Steve, I just sent you a PM

Jeff

New User
Jeff
"I need a 24 inch round wooden table top in new wood which I can refinish"

Why don't you post a picture of what you want including the base/legs that the top is fastened to?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS