Need a Plumber/Gas line expert recommendation in Raleigh

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I need to have the gas outlet for my stove moved or reconfigured. Does anyone have a professional they can recommend?

Thanks,

Doug

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Doug, when we got our new stove with a gas cook top, the deliverers put in the gas line from our LP tank. We had already had gas logs hooked up to the tank, and they got the stove connected no problems. Maybe you could ask at an appliance store if they could accommodate you.

Roy G

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I need to have the gas outlet for my stove moved or reconfigured. Does anyone have a professional they can recommend?

Thanks,

Doug
Try the gas company (PSNC - now Dominion). When I needed a gas outlet for my fireplace I had two companies provide me a quote, and they were almost twice what PSNC ended up charing. Very happy with their work.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I am assuming you need to pipe from outside to inside. Depending on the run you can do it with bi-metal ipe. This allows you to bend it like soft copper and is a gas rated assembly, It is pretty straight forward piping. Unless code has changed since I moved, gas line test is 15 lbs /20min some cities want 20lbs for an hour. Either way, twist pipe can be done by any plumber or if you can rent a propress mega-press gun you can easily do it yourself. Fittings are kinda expensive but it is 99.99% perfect fit every time. As always if you do it your self make sure to ream and clean the cut joints prior to assembly.

Here is video Propress Mega-Press

Young generation gets it easy these days :rolleyes:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Doug, is the current gas outlet behind where the stove sets? If so, just buy a longer flexible gas line to do hook up. If it's natural gas, you need the larger size flex line.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'd use the gas company and not a plumber for that line relocation and not do it yourself.

What's wrong with your current gas line location?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Our old stove died and we bought a new one. The gas connection is too high for the new stove so that it cannot be moved all the way back against the wall/ We need to lower the connection or replace it with a new configuration. I will call Dominion as Bas suggests. Thanks all.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS