Need a new Miter Gauge for TS

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
My old Darra James TS came with a JET miter gauge that isn't quite accurate. The slide slots are larger than normal, I"ll need to measure, but the JET one I have now is actually not deep enough. Width is okay.

What suggestions do you have for a replacement miter gauge?

Edited to add: I measured and the slide is 5/8" deep and 3/4" wide. Will this be difficult to find?

Last edited:

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
If you’re looking for accuracy get one that allows you to adjust the runner for a rattle free fit in the slot side to side. Incra has good adjustability, but probably others are good too. I use Incra and am very satisfied with it.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
I have the Incra HD1000 and it exceeds my expectations.

Then again, my definition of accuracy is probably considerably lower than what Charlie expects!

If you get the Incra, don’t pull it so far back that it comes out of the miter slot and falls onto the concrete floor. That really handy Incra fence will bend!

The good news is, that the steel bits and parts are still perfect and “HD” accurate. No damages that a new fence wouldn’t cure.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
I've had an Incra Miter 5000 on my tablesaw for maybe 17 years. It's still as accurate and dependable as the day I got it and I've very satisfied with it. It's basically the 1000SE on a phenolic laminated sled.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Last edited:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
The Osborne EB-3 is also an excellent after market miter gauge. Provides very good support even for longer pieces. Very accurate, but you may have to micro-adjust it to get it dead on. (easily done).

If the shoulders on the top of your miter T slot are about or a little less than 1/4" deep, it should work fine, but you may want to put a 1/16" or so shim in the bottom of you slot.

Matt Parker

New User
Matt
I went with the Incra 1000HD after getting fed up with cheap miter gauges. It pays for itself in accuracy and it's probably the last miter gauge I'll ever need to buy.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
+2 for the Osborne. I like the little flip stop and the way the fence slides out for longer settings. It works so well I have not made a sled for the SawStop yet.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I picked up the Incra 1000-SE on the way home, referenced above in the link, from LeviBlue [Kevin]. Excited to put it to use on my next project. :)

Nice meeting you Kevin.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I have the Incra 1000 but I rarely use it. I usually grab the sled for most things

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rockler has an angle adjustable sled that is currently on sale if you want to go that route. Personally, I have the Incra 1000 unit but really need to build a sled, as most of my cuts are square cuts and the Incra is really more suited for angle cuts IMO.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors