Need 5/8 MDO source in Winston-Salem area

mbaker00

New User
Sawtooth67
I have been searching without success for a source of 5/8" MDO paper faced both sides in my area of Winston-Salem or within an hour drive preferably. Nobody local seems to have it. I need less than half a 4 x 8 ft sheet. Would appreciate anybody who knows of a source posting here. Colonial Materials locally said they could order but I would need to by 30 sheets.

Also, I don't need it right now but also cannot find a source of MR MDF (moisture resistant MDF) like Medex. The product I've seen is denser than the standard grade MDF and some has a greenish color. All I find here is the standard MDF like at Lowes or Home Depot.

Thanks,
Michael
Winston-Salem, NC

Last edited:

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Not familiar with that area but check to find a Wurth location. Got one in Charlotte down by the airport.They have access to both products. But nothing is guaranteed to be in stock right now.

Kelly

Kelly
User
Ask Aaron at the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville.
I think they have a pallet of that.
It helps to support our advertisers too.

Gripbd

BD
User
You might check Rugby Architectural Building Products in Kernersville. I don’t know if they have what you’re looking for specifically, but I have found that the branch in Wilmington has a good selection of sheet goods.

mbaker00

New User
Sawtooth67
Ask Aaron at the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville.
I think they have a pallet of that.
It helps to support our advertisers too.
I tried the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville. They don't carry the 5/8 MDO or MR-MDF. The person I spoke with was very nice and he took the time to make a call to a supplier to see if they could get the MDO. He called back and said they couldn't get the MDO but might be able to get the MR-MDF from a supplier sent with some other order.

So I'm still looking for a piece of 5/8 MDO. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Wherever you find it you'll probably have to get a full sheet. Why do have to have MDO and MDF won't work? :confused:

mbaker00

New User
Sawtooth67
Wherever you find it you'll probably have to get a full sheet. Why do have to have MDO and MDF won't work? :confused:
For an outside door panel I wouldn't use regular MDF. MDO primed and painted should be fine. If I could find MR-MDF instead of regular MDF in 5/8 I would try that. Thanks -Michael

Jeff

New User
Jeff
For an outside door panel I wouldn't use regular MDF. MDO primed and painted should be fine. If I could find MR-MDF instead of regular MDF in 5/8 I would try that. Thanks -Michael

Why not make the panel out of wood and paint it. That's what my crawl space door is and it's been there for 30 years.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS