Need 2x10 finish grade... LOTS of em'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
If I'm posting in the wrong spot... please let me know.

I'm in a bit of a panic looking for finish grade 2x10's. (NOT framing lumber.)

These are for the door jambs in the recording studio... The doors are extremely heavy; Solid core door, 3-4 layers of 1/32" sheet lead, 3/4" MDF, two layers of 5/8" fire rated gypsum and 3/4" finish boards.

I'm needing enough 2x10 (anything close to 10" is fine) in any type of wood... oak, poplar, or ??? (a #1 pine is spec'd).

I have 7 door jambs to do, so it's a pretty heafty amount of lumber.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! You can catch me either via PM here, or max@dmmobile.com.

THANX!!!
Max

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Max, I do not know anything about this place and I have no connection but their web site sounds they might have what you need.

www.americanwoodyards.com

If you do contact them let us all know about them.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
What type of hinges are you using? If you find the correct wood, you may want to get some t nuts & put them on the back of the hinge mortises if you're using mortised hinges. This will be more durable on the jamb. As for the door, are all those components being applied to an already existing door, or do they make up the door itself?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would check the hardwood store in Gibsonville. You can probably get it in poplar or in yellow pine from there.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jeff - thanks for the plug! Unfortunately, I don't have anything surplus in stock...

Scott

J

jeff...

Jeff - thanks for the plug! Unfortunately, I don't have anything surplus in stock...

Scott

No Problem - thought you may have some oak or something.

BTW I had a little problem at the DMV today - said very confidently to the lady behind the counter (who was not all that corroborative) as I waved my right hand "Listen, Do You Know Scott Smith!". She looked at me over the top of her glasses and without saying a word, I got moved up to the next in line - got my DL and what out of there in like 15 mins. :thumbs_up

Your name carries authority and works like the Jedi mind trick.

You guys should try it - it works !!!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
BTW I had a little problem at the DMV today - said very confidently to the lady behind the counter (who was not all that corroborative) as I waved my right hand "Listen, Do You Know Scott Smith!". She looked at me over the top of her glasses and without saying a word, I got moved up to the next in line - got my DL and what out of there in like 15 mins. :thumbs_up

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
No Problem - thought you may have some oak or something.

Why don't you try this trick on Scott's wife the next time you are down there? :rotflm:Be sure and check for "get away paths" before hand though. Jeff, you remind me of my older daughter. When she was bartending an under age kid asked her "Do you know who my daddy is?" She looked at him and said "NO!, I don't really care either. You still aren't getting anything to drink, other than Pepsi."

J

jeff...

Why don't you try this trick on Scott's wife the next time you are down there? :rotflm:Be sure and check for "get away paths" before hand though. Jeff, you remind me of my older daughter. When she was bartending an under age kid asked her "Do you know who my daddy is?" She looked at him and said "NO!, I don't really care either. You still aren't getting anything to drink, other than Pepsi."

Shoot Scott's wife would hurt a fly - what you talking about :icon_scra

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jeff, my wife may not hurt a fly, as you put it, but since her primary occupation is neutering animals...

Bruce, Laureen loves to tell the story about how all of the locals refer to her as "Scott Smith's wife" instead of by her name! The next time that you're over, I'll get her to tell you some stories.

By the way, I think that I drove by your place the other day... are you on the east side of the road just south of a floodplain area?

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors