Need 10/3 UF or 8/3 UF in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looking for recommendations on where to get 10/3 or 8/3 UF wire in the Raleigh/Durham area. I don't have exact measurements but guessing 50ft - 75ft. I know that stuff ain't cheap.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Hi Scott,

The prices at Home Depot and Lowes seem to be good on wire and cable.

Bob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Scott, if this is for an underground feeder, skip the UF, and put in a 3/4" PVC conduit instead. If you should ever have to upgrade, or have a failure in one of the conductors, you already have a "hole in the ground." The last well pump I installed using UF, we had to go back and replace the wire. A rock had rubbed against it. If it had been in pipe, it would have only meant replacing the conductors. You can use THHN in pipe buried under ground.

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Hi Scott,

Don't know if this is what you need but I have about 400ft of cable with this designation on it:

"E18679 (UL) AWG 10 CU2 CDR WITH AWG 10 GROUND TYPE NM-B 600 VOLTS"

If you think this is something you can use let me know. I will be happy to let you have some of it.

I used this for temporary power while building our boathouse. No longer have any use for it.

Glennbear

Glenn
I do not have enough wire to offer but I too would suggest conduit instead of UF cable. It is not much protection but PVC conduit is more resistant to the errant shovel, pick, fencepost etc. than UF cable. I used conduit when I ran the feed to my shop. :wsmile:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott, I may have what you need. I have a roll left over from doing a garage feed years ago. I will have to climb up in the rafters and get it down. I am fairly certain there should be at least 60 or so feet and is 10/3 - I know for sure it is 10/? uf and I will dig it out in the am after watching Duke win
I put it up there in the last century and have not needed it since, so if it is correct it is yours for a cold carbonated beverage someday

phil

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just checked my wire stash and I do have 10/3 uf. I counted 22 loops at about 24" dia, so it should be about 66' Will that be enough for what you need? GO DUKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS