Neded: recommendation for roofer in SE Wake County

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Much as it pains me to admit, I missed one of the sources of leaks when I fixed my roof last year.

I think this is a sidewall flashing problem where a roof-valley channels a ton of water against a sidewall.

Can someone recommend a good roofer ?

-Mark

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
All of these have an A rating on Angies list. The first 3 have coupons, if you go with one of them, I can send you the angieslist coupon info.

I used the last one, Ark roofing for some repairwork and they did a great job.

11 Comm Park Lane
Angier NC 27501
(919) 639-4981
(919) 639-9681 (fax)

ontopsroofing.com Service Information
Description
15 Employees. Cost determined by job. No travel charges. Ask about Angie's List discount. Additional contact: Kim Carroll.
Service Area
Entire Area
Operating Hours
Mon-Fri 8:00 Am-3:00 Pm
Services Include
Full service roofing, shingles, metal, tile. Vinyl/hardiplank siding. Replacement windows. Gutters.
24 Hour/Emergency Service
No
Free Estimates
Yes
In Business Since
On Angie's List Since
July 2009
Senior Discount
No
Warranties/Guaranties
Yes
Payment Options
Bonded
No
Insured
Yes
All statements concerning insurance and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves.

===============================
25 Tall Tree Ct.
Willow Spring NC 27592
(919) 851-8918
(919) 639-3008 (alt)
(919) 207-0450 (fax)

www.colrbrothersroof... Service Information
Description
Our company is a small family owned and operated ccompany. We have a total of 5 employees which include both owners. Every job will have at least one owner on-site working or available for questions.
Service Area
Raleigh Area
Operating Hours
Sun Closed, Mon 07.00 AM - 07.00 PM, Tue 07.00 AM - 07.00 PM, Wed 07.00 AM - 07.00 PM, Thu 07.00 AM - 07.00 PM, Fri 07.00 AM - 07.00 PM, Sat 08.00 AM - 05.00 PM .
Services Include
Residential & light commercial roofing. We mainly stick to tear offs. We also repair and replace siding with Hardie Planks siding.
Yes
Free Estimates
Yes
In Business Since
On Angie's List Since
June 2006
Senior Discount
10%
Warranties/Guaranties
Yes
Payment Options
Bonded
Yes
Insured
Yes
=====================================
900 BROMLEY WAY
RALEIGH NC 27615
(919) 345-8859
(919) 676-6875 (alt)
(866) 854-6227 (fax)

http://www.edshookjr... Service Information
Description
ADDITIONAL CONTACT: JOANNE SHOOK. ADDITIONAL SERVICE AREA: WAKE & PORTIONS OF HARNETT COUNTIES.
Service Area
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Clayton, & Portions Of Creedmore, Franklinton, & Pittsboro
Operating Hours
Daily 7:00 Am-7:00 Pm
Services Include
ROOF REPLACEMENTS, ROOF REPAIRS, FLAT ROOFS, LEAK REPAIRS, ROTTED WOOD REPAIRS SUCH AS SOFFIT FASCIA & ROOF DECKS, SOME SIDING REPAIRS ON CHIMNEY, EXTERIOR REPAIRS RELATED TO ROOFING & SIDING IN GENERAL.
Yes
Free Estimates
Ask For Details
In Business Since
On Angie's List Since
September 2006
Senior Discount
Ask For Details
Warranties/Guaranties
Ask For Details
Payment Options
Bonded
Yes
Insured
Yes
====================================
3417 ASHMILL CT
APEX NC 27539
(919) 303-9000

Service Information
Service Area
Portions Of Raleigh & Wake County
Services Include
SPECIALIZE IN RESIDENTIAL ROOF REPAIRS. REPAIR LEAKS ON PITCHED ROOFS & SOME FLAT BUILT-UP ROOFS REQUIRING MODIFIED BITUMEN. REPLACE SKYLIGHTS, RE-FLASH CHIMNEYS & REPLACE MOST ATTIC VENTILATORS.
Services Do Not Include
Do Not Install Whole Roofs New Or Existing.
No
Free Estimates
Yes
In Business Since
On Angie's List Since
September 2006
Senior Discount
Ask For Details
Warranties/Guaranties
Ask For Details
Payment Options
Bonded
No
Insured
Yes

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Highly recommend Tom Buzzard Co. of Raleigh.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

http://www.tombuzzard.com/

He was not the least expensive of all of the estimates we got about 5 years ago, but they did a terrific job, followed up after the job, very efficient and timely install and excellent cleanup after the job.

Not had any issues whatsoever with the job he did. I would use him again for roofing!

Wayne

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member

He was not the least expensive of all of the estimates we got about 5 years ago, but they did a terrific job, followed up after the job, very efficient and timely install and excellent cleanup after the job.

Not had any issues whatsoever with the job he did. I would use him again for roofing!

Wayne

Has an excellent angies list rating, I didn't include him because he didnt specifically list repairs as a service.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Wayne

I also used him in Cary. Like Wayne said not the lowest price contractor but did a super job.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Call Scott at On Tops Roofing (919-639-4981). He does all my work and he is excellent!! Just tell him Geoff Potter gave you his name. Trouble is, no matter who you call today, they are going to be overwhelmed with tornado damage. DAMHIK!!!!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Another option that I can wholeheartedly recommend is Marc Augestine. He can be reached at 919-444-3478.

I don't recall the name of his company, but he did some repair work for me on a 12/12 pitch roof, and did a great job (as well as being extremely reasonably priced). He also did gambrell roof shingle installation at the new ticket office at the RR Museum next to my farm, and did a super job.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Great timing with this post. The recent weather has identified my next project for me; replacing a leaky half round-top window. The trouble is that this window sill is only 4" above where my porch roof meets the house and if there is any major damage I will need to remove some of that roof (which is 16-years old) to access the area.

Long story short; I may need to find a roofer willing to do a small job (porch roof) and ideally with a standing seam metal roof.

Drew Roy

New User
Drew
My recommendation is Robco roofing down off 50 Hwy inbetween Garner and Benson. Great folks, great work. I had a valley in my roof that poured water.
I would not use Brian Creech roofing though. A recent client had them do a metal roof on their new home and there was a lot of song and dance and attempted short cuts that the homeowner kept catching them.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I used Tom Buzzard several years ago as well and was thoroughly satisfied with their pricing and work quality.

Brian.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Much as it pains me to admit, I missed one of the sources of leaks when I fixed my roof last year.

I think this is a sidewall flashing problem where a roof-valley channels a ton of water against a sidewall.

Can someone recommend a good roofer ?

-Mark
Mark, you should never have a valley empty against a side wall. It's going to LEAK!. You may need a modified "cricket" installed to direct water away from side wall. Basically, you add a section of roof that moves the valley away from side wall. Unfortunately I have seen this design flaw too many times in my business. It works great until just after the warranty runs out, and the caulking that is preventing water from entering side wall fails. There is an old saying "Water flows down hill, except by capillary action." I don't think there are ten builders / arch. that know what this means. PM me if I can be of help. Bruce

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Yeah, I agree it's a bad design. Everyone can see it in this picture. This is shot looking down the valley, the way water sees it. You can just make out a debris buildup at the bottom of the corner-post as a dark smudge - this is where the valley intersects the sidewall.
Roof_valley_640.jpg

I have done a fair bit of searching, but am not seeing a 'best practices' solution to this design problem. In my uneducated opinion (aka guess) I need some flavor of kickout flashing or re-pitching the roof. Unfortunately I can't visualize how re-pitching would need to be tied into the existing roof.

Thus the pro roofer.

-Mark

Last edited:

Drew Roy

New User
Drew
I was chatting with my newest brother in law and asked if he had been involved in any of the rehab work from the tornados and he said no So if anyone is still in need of quality work inside or out send me a PM or I will post his info here shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS