NCWWers in North Charlotte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Since we moved to North Charlotte I've had to almost give up shop time except for some limited turning. I know there are NCWWers in Charlotte. Which one's of you are on the North side of Charlotte?

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Mike, Welcome! I live in Rockwell, which is north east of Charlotte, about 15 miles east of I-85. There are several of us in Salisbury. Steve Marrtin

MikeH

New User
Mike
Mike, Welcome! I live in Rockwell, which is north east of Charlotte, about 15 miles east of I-85. There are several of us in Salisbury. Steve Marrtin

Thanks Steve. I used to live on the Shouth side of Charlotte in Indian Trail and then moved out to the country for a couple years. I still have my shop out at the house, but don't get out there much. My new bride did allow me to bring my midi lathe to the apartment so I get to turn a little.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
You Charlotteans (is that correct?) should get together for lunch. It has been successful in Greensboro and Raleigh.

Steve H.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am a Salisbury resident. We have done several dinners in past years. Maybe we can do something centrally in Concord or the surrounding area. I would be happy to organize it after the Christmas and New Year holidays. Let me know how I can help. We could make this a monthly, semi monthly, meeting.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
They are a great group if guys! I was an active member for years and still lurk around. Busy changing careers and raising 2 kids right now.

Well worth the dues each year!!!

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
My son (age 27 - just graduated from college and on the way to becoming a middle school teacher, I hope) wants to learn to do woodworking. He lives in Concord. If any of you guys in the area wants an extra set of hands to help with a project or two, let me know. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to teach him the craft, and he needs to have a clear understanding of the operation of and respect for power tools. He may be interested in learning how to use hand tools first. He's a big boy, so he can help lift and move things, too.

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Mike, the Southern Piedmont Woodturners will be at the Concord Mall (beside the hospital) in Concord now through the Saturday before Christmas. Would love to have your son stop by and see what we are all about. We are raising money for Hospice of Cabarrus County. We also meet the 3rd Tuesday of each month at the intersection of Crowell and Kerr Streets, at 6:30 pm. Some of our members actually do flat wood working in addition to turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS