NCWWer in need of assistance - Bandsaw Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
eI picking up the new SR600 Meber Saturday (Nov. 1) Morning at 10am from the seller. We are moving it a wopping 1.5 miles if that, but I need an extra set of hands for a few minutes to tilt the saw to get it through the door and into the shop. Monty helped me and my friend Terry last time and it only took 10 minutes.

So is anyone going to be in the Hickory area Saturday morning that might be willing to lend a quick hand. You are more than welcome to bring wood to process on the drum sander, planer, or bandsaws as payment plus of course I'm always willing to buy an fellow NCwwer lunch.

I just need one or two people, but all who can make it are welcome.

Thanks,

John

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
If you would like to come by way of franklinton we could off load it here to save you all the hassle of getting help.:icon_thum You don't realy have room for it anyway.:rotflm: I will take real good care of it untill you expand your shop.:gar-La; OK??????

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
If I were closer you know I would ... but I'll be spending this full weekend trying to my chair in order for the next class! I haven't even touched it yet!

woodguy1975

New User
John
If I were closer you know I would ... but I'll be spending this full weekend trying to my chair in order for the next class! I haven't even touched it yet!

I haven't touched mine either. The key things to get are the buildups on the rocker and some material removed from the crest to lighten it up a bit. :)

Thanks,

John

Outa Square

New User
Al
If you don't have anyone yet and can't get anyone else, I can help you.

I just may have my two year old with me... she's a daddy's girl. I wouldn't imagine that would be a problem if all you need is to lift it off a truck and bring it in your shop.

She likes to help me out. She's the only handy man assistant i know that can pull off wearing a pink feather boa and a vera bradly [STRIKE]purse[/STRIKE] tool bag.

I saw the ad for the saw and i believe it was in mountain view, so i take your over that way. Just pm directions, if you need me.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
It was worth a shot. If you guys had your way you'd have my bandsaw and Cathy would have my scroll saw. :)

:rotflm:

yeh cathy and I are much to thrifty [spelled cheap!] to buy stuff like this but we are much to honest to just steal it!:gar-La; want to adopt an over 50 son?:widea: glad to see you back in action john!:eusa_clap

woodguy1975

New User
John
Thanks for the offers on the bandsaw move. Monty came over with his FIL and I also had my neighbor and a fella I used to work with so we had lots of help with the saw. Everything went very quickly and the new Meber is sitting comfortably in it's new home.

It probably won't be ready for class this weekend, but I'll get her up and running quickly. I have to replace a couple guides and replace the table insert at a minimum. I may go ahead and get new tires for it and get all that pain done at once. The tires are not fun to change.

Thanks again,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS