NCWW Tools List

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Couldn't sleep last night and had a thought (I know, I know...a dangerous thing to have happen).

There are times when I am considering buying a tool, or having trouble with a tool I own, and wonder who else might have the same tool so I can ask advice. I also wouldn't mind helping others with any tool with which I have experience.

Then I thought, why can't I make a list, based on input from NCWW'ers, on what tools everyone owns. I could put it in an Excel spreadsheet with different worksheets for different classes of tools. Then, if you are trying to find out who has what tool you could go to the spreadsheet and do a simple search.

It would, of course, be entirely voluntary and you would only participate if you were willing to help other people in these kinds of situations. We could list not only power tools but also "systems" that everyone has heard of and may want to try (Miller Dowel, Beal Buffing, etc.)

Am I totally crazy and should go back and try to get a good night's sleep? Has this been tried before? Would the moderators even be interested in including something like this on the web site if I put it together?

Thanks,

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would suggest just simply posting your particular tool question in the appropriate forum and a member who might have that tool can reply with their help.
I don't really like an inventory of members tools in an easy to find place.

Dave:)

Glennbear

Glenn
I echo the security concerns but I would also point out that the most up to date advice could be gained by using the traditional method of starting a thread with your tool question. If a list was started it could change nearly on a daily basis as machines are upgraded, bought, sold, or quirks surface. :wsmile:

P.S. - Good luck with the sleeping thing, it has been escaping me lately also .

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would suggest just simply posting your particular tool question in the appropriate forum and a member who might have that tool can reply with their help.
I don't really like an inventory of members tools in an easy to find place.

Dave:)

Ditto:gar-Bi

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
OK. Guess just posting a question when you need to is the consensus. It was just an idea and would have been quite a bit of work anyway.

Don't really get the security concerns though. Someone wouldn't know where you live unless you told them (or even your real name), and they would know you probably have a shop full of tools if you're on this site anyway. Would think pictures of shops would be more of a problem as far a security goes.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I'm always impressed at the ability of the criminal mind. I got a message from a person on another forum asking me if I'd ever got the banjo lessons I wanted. This person lives in another state and I've only had contact with them through that forum. How they could possibly know I had any interest in banjo still bothers me. Obviously some people are quite adept at computer things.
If someone wants to know something about you it really isn't hard to find out. As dumb as I am about computers I've shocked people with what I can find out about them in a few minutes, up to and including maps to their house.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
..... up to and including maps to their house.

We do live in a scary time - I have pulled up our home on a website that shows a satalite picture of everything that is on our land - everyone please be careful out there

Len

New User
Len
I always figured the most important tool to have is a comfortable bed.

When stepping into the shop, make sure you're well rested and alert before you pick up anything with a sharp edge or turning a power switch on.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors