NCWW Picnic Cancelled......Raffle tickets still available

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and with safety of our members as the priority, it is unfortunate that the Board of Directors will be cancelling the annual picnic. We will still have the raffle drawing as planned, however it will be broadcast/live stream instead of in-person event. The details will be made available as we get closer to the date of the event.

Additionally, Klingspors has cancelled their annual Extravaganza, which was scheduled for October. We will also not be participating in the Stokes Stomp and KingFest. We have not heard from the organizers of these two events, but in checking their websites, there is no mention of either event being scheduled in 2020.

Again, the safety of our members is a priority and we will reschedule events as 2021 allows.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It was a tough call but with what is going on in NC and other states it is the correct call.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
I was pretty much anticipating that the picnic would be canceled. Bummer!! I have attended the last two picnics and have really enjoyed them. I hope the spring of 2021 will be better. I have also really enjoyed the outreach events I have been able to attend and participate in and will be glad to see them begin again once it is safe. I really miss all the members I have gotten to know and can't wait to see everyone again real soon (hopefully),

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Disappointing but completely understandable given the current conditions. We'll all look forward to being together again next Spring and enjoying our friends, both new and old.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Wise choice. Our health is the most important thing, right after families. We still have our NCWW family, and would like to keep it that way. One day this will be a distant view in the rear view mirror of life. Can't come soon enough!

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and with safety of our members as the priority, it is unfortunate that the Board of Directors will be cancelling the annual picnic. We will still have the raffle drawing as planned, however it will be broadcast/live stream instead of in-person event. The details will be made available as we get closer to the date of the event.

Additionally, Klingspors has cancelled their annual Extravaganza, which was scheduled for October. We will also not be participating in the Stokes Stomp and KingFest. We have not heard from the organizers of these two events, but in checking their websites, there is no mention of either event being scheduled in 2020.

Again, the safety of our members is a priority and we will reschedule events as 2021 allows.
Neal, I would suggest that you title this thread as Picnic Cancelled, tickets still available -- almost didn't open this as I assumed it was just about other events being cancelled.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
With the chaos created by COVID-19, we begin to appreciate the freedom we enjoyed prior to it happening. Instead of the anticipated loosening of restraints placed upon all of us, the noose strangling our freedom is tightening even more. Here's for hoping and praying the pandemic will play itself out and we can get back to business as usual--but I believe that day isn't coming, at least anytime soon.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Thank for the update Neal. Lets just say 2020 has been more than horrible

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
It was not a decision that was made lightly.

Now that the gyms are reopening, maybe i'll have enough leg strength & stamina to carry the prizes from the house to my truck on raffle day. ;)

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
It was not a decision that was made lightly.

Now that the gyms are reopening, maybe i'll have enough leg strength & stamina to carry the prizes from the house to my truck on raffle day. ;)
Hey Neal if you need some exercise, I’ll be in Oak Ridge working on the mansion on the third floor, that’s great for a leg workout. Come and see me I’ll put you to work!

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
That brings a question to mind. A lot of the prizes are given to attendees or attendees that are close to one of the winners. How is all that going to be coordinated if all the prizes have to be shipped or hand delivered

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
We'll be arranging some Pony Express to different areas where we can, and will arrange shipment where needed.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS