Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have been asked by several of you if we were ever going to have an option for mobile phone users that would make it easier to surf NCWW on smaller size screens. I am attaching a poll to see how many people would like this option. Please vote yes, no, or it does not really matter.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I do not see the poll but I vote YES a thousand times YES

Thanks

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I presently use a B'berry Curve & frequent NCWW with it. The only problem I have is a looooooot of scrolling to get down the screen through the for sale items & such to the threads. I also encounter a limited amount of text storage available for replies from time to time. I would definitely favor an upgrade as long as it doesn't make it too easy. I don't wanna get fired.:gar-La;

TracyP

Tracy
I am going to leave this open for one week to give everyone a chance to look at it.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I presently use a B'berry Curve & frequent North Carolina Woodworker with it. The only problem I have is a looooooot of scrolling to get down the screen through the for sale items & such to the threads. I also encounter a limited amount of text storage available for replies from time to time. I would definitely favor an upgrade as long as it doesn't make it too easy. I don't wanna get fired.:gar-La;

+1 what he said :rotflm:

timf67

New User
Tim
I presently use a B'berry Curve & frequent North Carolina Woodworker with it. The only problem I have is a looooooot of scrolling to get down the screen through the for sale items & such to the threads. I also encounter a limited amount of text storage available for replies from time to time. I would definitely favor an upgrade as long as it doesn't make it too easy. I don't wanna get fired.:gar-La;

+2. Though I have unlimited text and data...:gar-Bi

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Dennis,
On Opera Mini you can use the 2/E key to page up and the 8/X key to page down when on a web page. I'm sure you can program the side buttons to do the same thing. Less milege on your thumb!

DavidF

New User
David
Iphone makes light work of the current version, but a site formatted for mobile use would be nice. I find browsing the site easy, but PM's are a bit crowded.

timf67

New User
Tim
Dennis,
On Opera Mini you can use the 2/E key to page up and the 8/X key to page down when on a web page. I'm sure you can program the side buttons to do the same thing. Less milege on your thumb!

Dennis on the BBerry curve you can use T and B - which will take you to the top of the page and bottom of the page respectively...

Touchwood

New User
Don
Agreed David,

My iPhone handles it fine too..except for one little problem. The ATT signal at the shop is about one bar if I'm lucky.:no: I find that if I leave the charging wire plugged in (dangling loose) I can up it to three bars (sometimes). The iPhone antenna is located right above the plug socket on its circuit board..so must be the extra wire connected close by somehow helps. Who knows :dontknow:

Don

Iphone makes light work of the current version, but a site formatted for mobile use would be nice. I find browsing the site easy, but PM's are a bit crowded.

TracyP

Tracy
Just for information purposes we are looking at this as a possible to do for the staff after the Calendar Contest and the Shop crawls in progress now.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks, Tim. Never got around t' readin' that thick ol' instruction book they give me. Just started punchin' keys.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have a Crackberry and although it works, it would be nice to have it easier to use. It would be nice when I am bored somewhere and would like to pop onto the site or something. The way it is right now, it works, but it is "bulky".

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
This is a tangent, sort of, as it isn't exactly the feature set being discussed so far...

It would be nice to be able to store (privately, of course) a number for texting and be able to select it as another notification type. And yet another tangent - why are notifications single fire only? It would be nice to be able to set one on some threads to continue notifying you of responses even if you haven't visited the site since the last one.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Andy, I think if I follow, which might not be true, you can choose a Notification Type when you Subscribe to a Thread.

Any time you post in a thread, you automatically are subscribed to it. But, you can also initiate a subscription and tune the notification type and frequency for that specific thread.

The "Thread Tools" pull down and the little icon/button
subscribe.gif
under the user profile part of a post get you to the subscription page.

If you want to continue this topic, let me know and we can move this into its own thread. That you could then subscribe too :gar-Bi

Jim

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Jim,

You are in the right ballpark with understanding, but not the part that makes it relevant here. The only choices I get for notification are email based and the frequency is instant or digests (which can be daily or weekly). If you choose instant, then you will be notified only once until you visit the forum again.

What makes it relevant here is that I wish there was another option besides email for text messages. I know they are just emails also, but I would not want all site related email to be text messages, just certain things. If I were meeting a few people for lunch and would not be at the computer in the morning, I might set notification to go to text messages. I can't do that now. If someone posted a "see you there" and a few minutes later someone posted to ask if I could bring something, I would not get the second message using the options we have now.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
I vote yes, I use the Samsung Omnia with windows 6.1 and would love to surf the site on it.

TracyP

Tracy
Please vote in the poll attached to this thread as that is how I will weigh the interest.:eusa_pray:eusa_pray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors