NCWW and Social Media

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wonder if the Facebook page is detracting from traffic on this site?
perhaps, but we need to have both since some people ONLY use FB and some here would NVER use FB! LOL

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Hank, this is not a smart a.......s reply. I do not know what a hashtag is or where I would use it. I have no idea what instagram is. What is social media?

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt - would you want that info to be public i.e. seen by non-forum members? I suppose that forum could be limited to members only if that's a concern.

Another solution might be to allow members to list IG, FB, etc. account names in their user profile, visible to members only. Not sure if it's possible using the forum software or not.
I thought about that Scott, but most of us who use social media platforms are already open to having unknown entities contacting us...

As for allowing members to list IG, FB, etc. account names in their user profile you can do that in your signature line..

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, this is not a smart a.......s reply. I do not know what a hashtag is or where I would use it. I have no idea what instagram is. What is social media?
@Keye there are a number of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, snapchat etc.)
"Creators" in this realm use hashtags to group or keep track of posts and post answers.
Some of the ones we use are:
#ncwoodworker
#ncww
#northcarolinawoodworker

So if you are not suing one of the applications or Social platforms, it is likely you would not be familiar with hashtags and how thy are used or helpful to gather information from followers or gathering information.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
On occasion I have looked at the NCWW FB site and I do see some interesting postings. That said, I really do not recognize most of the names using that site therefore it doesn't seem like "home". Please note that while I do have a FB account, I am by no means a user...the only reason I have it is because my daughter and daughter-in-law use it to post pictures of my grandchildren, so I look but never post.

waitup

Matt
Corporate Member
Matt - would you want that info to be public i.e. seen by non-forum members? .....
I would say people posting a YouTube channel would want that public as the more eyes, the better. Instagram would depend on the user, but anyone posting would probably be ok with eyes on it. You can also make an account private so people can see your name but you have to approve them before they can see your content.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS