NC Propane Club ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Wondering if there are any learned opinions about the NC Propane Club ? I recall there were several NCWW'ers interested when the Club started..wondering if they followed through and what their experience has been ?

I would like to change suppliers but its a big commitment insofar as I have a 500 gal underground tank that would (likely) need to replaced. My current supplier doesn't sell their tanks.

-Mark

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I was a member for a couple of years. They were able to get much better pricing for me on propane. It was well worth the annual membership fee. If you use over 300 gals/year, the club will probably save you some money.

Call and talk to Glenn Gibson. Tell him Mark in Willow Spring sent you. Glenn is a straight shooter. He will give you all the information you need to make a decision.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Mark where is his territory? I use well over that much per year but Im out in Clayton

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
They service the entire state. The last time I spoke with Glenn he was working on some deals that could allow him to expand throughout the Southeast.

It's definitely worth a phone call. (919) 435-6415

sawduster

New User
Robert
Well well , I thought ol Glenn Gibson was gone from the scene .....for me he is. I signed up 2 or 3 years ago after talking to him and listening to all the good things he could do for me ......monthly billing, easy terms etc etc....high pressure stuff. Payed him the $50 ( back then ) and then contacted Ferrell. First thing I learned that joining his " club " gave me a good rate that year but nothing else. He had no control over the propane companies rules and regs for billing and services. I got a good rate but still had to cash and carry because I did not qualify for an account with Ferrell . OK, I'm feeling a little misdirected but the rate was good so I motored on. Come June 1, I went to renew and found that he was no longer associated with Ferrell. Apparently the parting was not exactly amicable either ( reading between the lines as I did ) . Now I got this from Ferrell, not from Glenn . Never heard from him again after signing up the first time. Oh wait, after a couple of e-mails and a phone message concerning renewal with Ferrell I did eventually an get an e-mail from him that said simply " call me " . Sorry I had already moved on by that time ( as had a few others I spoke with as a result of this )
I negotiated myself with Ferrell and for the same $50 got my own price lock that was acceptable to me and I didn't have to change providers again. I see from his site that he is apparently connected to Amerigas and Ferrell again. Don't know the ins and outs at present. My dealings with him were 2 or 3 years ago when he was just getting started and maybe things have changed, but based on my experience I would not trust him further than I could throw my shop.
my honest advice would be to check him carefully and not get caught up in his pitch. he apparently has something figured out if he is still doing it . I changed to a heat pump last spring so I haven't kept up. Do yourself a favor though and check him through the BBB , you'll be glad you did

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I would like to change suppliers but its a big commitment insofar as I have a 500 gal underground tank that would (likely) need to replaced. My current supplier doesn't sell their tanks.

-Mark
Check and see, as you may already own that underground tank, unless you signed a "long term agreement" to only buy from your current supplier. This agreement would have been recorded at the register of deeds office, as it incumbered the land. Selling you the tank would be a lot cheaper than digging it up, and repairing your yard. Plus who wants a "used" underground propane tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors