Narex Chisel Find

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I found a set of chisels from a local guy. 40 bucks 8 Narex Chisels New never been used . The guy was retired and had planned on using them but never did.

95 year edition In the box ........ FYI if you have not used Narex chisels they are an excellent chisel. This Czech company makes a chisels and other things that are as good in quality as Sorby without the cost.... getting these for this price was score. I have the Mortise chisels they sell and was really happy with them.

Nice addition to my entourage of tools.

Attachments

• 20191004_131921.jpg
    20191004_131921.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 165

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I have 7 regular Narex chisels that I bought on recommendations from a few other NCWWs. They weren't ready to use out of the box but after prepping them they're fine chisels. Good steel (chromium-manganese) that holds the edge.

Your Limited Edition set currently sells for about $170. You got a good deal.

Reactions: Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Jeff, Wow .......... no idea it was that good. ......... I also got a #2 Stanley planer is excellent shape for 20 bucks ........... it was a good Friday

Yeah, I had the same experience with the mortise chisels, I has to prep each took 10-15 min per chisel to get the back perfectly flat and the edge honed. They do hold an edge. :)

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Jeff, Wow .......... no idea it was that good. ......... I also got a #2 Stanley planer is excellent shape for 20 bucks ........... it was a good Friday

Yeah, I had the same experience with the mortise chisels, I has to prep each took 10-15 min per chisel to get the back perfectly flat and the edge honed. They do hold an edge. :)

Oka, what’s a #2 Stanley planer?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
# 2 Size plane sorry Meant wood plane could be a #3 it is 7-1/2 Long it was from a high school shop that was sold off

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS