Mystery Tool Arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.
First things first, it was my birthday last Sunday. To make sure I got exactly what I wanted, I ordered it myself. Today, an ABF tractor trailor showed up. Thankfully I have forks on my tractor bucket so I unloaded it and brought it to my shop (I didn't make him back all the way, 7/10ths of a mile). Here it is. I wonder what it is? Any guesses?

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
First things first, it was my birthday last Sunday. To make sure I got exactly what I wanted, I ordered it myself. Today, an ABF tractor trailor showed up. Thankfully I have forks on my tractor bucket so I unloaded it and brought it to my shop (I didn't make him back all the way, 7/10ths of a mile). Here it is. I wonder what it is? Any guesses?

It a B1X :slap:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
It's a new drill press, a PM2800 Powermatic. It comes in a million pieces. I'll post pics when I get it assembled.

Sounds like Powermatic needs to work on their packaging. My 17" Steel City drill press came in a large box nearly assembled in just 3 major sections: the base, the column, and the head. I did have to attach the task light and a few other minor bits and pieces, but most of it was pre-assembled into those 3 major sections. I could see Powermatic breaking it down a bit further to make the weight more manageable for the end-user, but not that many more pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors