My first turning with goodwill lathe done

tooboos

New User
tooboos
Hi guys, first of all big thanks for community that give me opportunity to use goodwill latha.
I want to share pictures of my first try.
turning.jpeg
turning2.jpeg

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Looks like a good start down the slippery slope of turning! Hope to see more soon!!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Looks like your off and running Tooboos. Glad you enjoyed the lathe

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yep!
Headed down that slippery slope of immediate gratification and picking up things along the side of the road... (as you say to your self - I CANNOT belive someone is thinking to put that in the chipper!):rotflm:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
You'll know you're totally hooked when you have turned every piece of scrap wood in your shop, and start checking your neighbor's yard for more turning material. You have now officially entered the DARK SIDE.

tooboos

New User
tooboos
I just start with backyard materials, it is just peace of maple that I roasted in oven ~5h to dry it.

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Nice finish too. And, you are close enough to get to the guild mtg at NCSU to learn more and meet a great group. AAW symposium is in Raleigh this summer.
Keep it going, Ed

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Very nice looking.
Once you get sucked in you will start looking at every downed tree as you are riding in your car thinking, mmm...wonder what that would looks like turned? Should I turn around and ask for a piece? lol

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS