My Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
First, I realize this is not fine woodworking, or even fine shop furniture . . . But, this is the product of my first project in which I started from scratch with rough-cut poplar wood, milled it and incorporated some of the procedures I've learned in my first year of woodworking. I did not use any fancy joinery, pocket hole joinery is easy. Here is my finishing supply rack. Thanks to Jay Bates for the design.

Paint.jpg

-Barry

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Nice work. That should hold a lot of tools and supplies. Now, to go shopping and fill it with goodies.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Nice work. That should hold a lot of tools and supplies. Now, to go shopping and fill it with goodies.

Tim, Thanks - it's designed to hold small cans of finishing supplies and rattle cans of spray paint on the angled shelves. I have too many cans of spray paint!:)

llucas

luke
Senior User
Barry, that looks great!...I applaud the "not too deep" shelf concept. things get lost behind stuff, and you don't find it til you buy another just like it.
And I do see some good WW challenges with the radius on the tops and use of router to give a more sophisticated round over edge design (I'm guessing)...and there is NOTHING wrong with pocket hole joinery....just one more technique to make things stay together...well done.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Looks great Barry! I thought it was a smaller cabinet until I read what you'll be putting in it. What are the overall dimensions?

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job, Barry! Now you need to make one to match for all of the pre-finishing supplies (sandpaper comes to mind).

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nicely done. That is some nice clear poplar.

Pocket screws definately makes life easier and gotten me out of a "joinery jam" more than once. Perfect solution for shop furniture.

Nice idea and thanks for sharing.

Payne

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Great job, Barry! Now you need to make one to match for all of the pre-finishing supplies (sandpaper comes to mind).

Thanks, Raymond. I'm thinking of making a sanding station for bench sanders, portable sanders and supplies. Getting organized is great fun!;)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for mentioning those shelves were angled. I thought it was me. :dontknow: Great job. Should be really useful in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS