Musings regarding NCWW

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
As I was working the Klingspor event in Cary on Saturday I had the opportunity to talk to many attendees about the benefits of being part of the NCWW community. Thinking about it prompted me to share some of those thoughts with you all...

It occured to me what a special group of enthusiasts we have assembled. We have newbies, hobbyists, experts, professionals, and everything in between. Irrespective of expertise everyone feels welcome and has something to gain from the experience that someone else might be willing to proffer.

I would like to thank you all for your questions, encouragement, acceptance, contributions, suggestion, inspirations, cautionary tales, photos, and most of all patience as you answer that same question about cutting dovetail pins or tails first for the 72nd time.

Respectfully,

Matt

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Matt. It is you and the folks like you that make it work. We have a wonderful and diverse membership as you mention.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's an opportunity to grow with and with in, as a woodworker and a person while meeting people and answering the questions they have.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It occured to me what a special group of enthusiasts we have assembled. We have newbies, hobbyists, experts, professionals, and everything in between. Irrespective of expertise everyone feels welcome and has something to gain from the experience that someone else might be willing to proffer.
I couldn't agree more. I think the fact that we meet in person once in a while helps with that too. It makes everyone more approachable, and it's not easy being rude to somebody's face like you might do online. Plus, it's easy to take things the wrong way in a forum, making that personal connection encourages people to give folks the benefit of the doubt.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I would love to hear some of the specific feedback, good or bad. Also, how many people have never even heard of us?!?!

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
A lot more people would know about us if we would have had business cards and fliers to hand out.
We handed out over 600 fliers at the AAW symposium in July.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I did and always kept y'all in mind when I was living in Mooresville figuring one day I would have time to get back to wood............... and I did ... and here I am ......... now in Hawaii

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
To all NCWWR.net folks and Berta:

Thank you for attending our event in Cary. Weather on Coast didn't help but we still had a great turnout. Your organization is top notch and we here at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop appreciate more than we can tell you how happy we are to be associated in a small way with your group!

Thank you all for what you do in the woodworking community - especially in NC.

Now, if we can ONLY keep ANY mention of Amazon off of the site, it would be perfect!!!! ;):D

Coleman

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
I talked with several people, both hobbyists and professionals, who had never heard of NCWW. Most took a picture of the business card with their phone and said they would be joining.

We are in the process of updating and ordering business cards for the Extravaganza and beyond.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
To all NCWWR.net folks and Berta:

Thank you for attending our event in Cary. Weather on Coast didn't help but we still had a great turnout. Your organization is top notch and we here at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop appreciate more than we can tell you how happy we are to be associated in a small way with your group!

Thank you all for what you do in the woodworking community - especially in NC.

Now, if we can ONLY keep ANY mention of Amazon off of the site, it would be perfect!!!! ;):D

Coleman
Does that mean you'll now price match everything on Amazon?!?! LOL

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Also, how many people have never even heard of us?!?!

Scott - (warning - smarta?? comment)
I can state with fair certainty that there are several billions of people that have not heard of NCWW. Lot's of potential members out there around the world. Of course most of those billions are not really in the NCWW target audience.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Scott - (warning - smarta?? comment)
I can state with fair certainty that there are several billions of people that have not heard of NCWW. Lot's of potential members out there around the world. Of course most of those billions are not really in the NCWW target audience.
Agreed - but if we can at least start with the 6 state region and get more exposure than we can build a stronger and bigger community.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Amazon? What has Amazon contributed to our communities, and more specifically, what has Amazon contributed to the woodworking community? When it comes to support, absolutely no entity in NC has contributed more to our woodworking community than Klingspors! I can think of a few benefits such as, providing meeting spaces and class spaces in their stores, FREE of charge! Discounts to club members, contributing tools and machinery for our annual raffle, and other events such as picnics. Promotion of our woodworking clubs in their stores through signs and brochures, sponsoring a portion of our web site, and many other helpful resources. And look at our other sponsors and the help, discounts, and items they contribute to help make our woodworking experience that much richer. I love the fact I can drive to some of the sponsors location to buy or use resources they offer, and hand pick what I want. Amazon gives us none of those things. Let's all support those who support us!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS