Moulding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptofimpact

Pete
User
Our house is nearing 19 years old, it has some nice moulding around all windows and doors..all White. From time I guess, some spaces are showing, and wondering what to use to Fill with that takes paint?

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Duo-Sil from Siroflex. You can order it on Amazon and there are local distributers. It is urethane so it is fully paintable. But the white may match your moulding well enough you don't need to paint it - at least not immeditely. That is what I found.

I noticed the guy that installed our new windows using it and he had good experience with it so I tried it. It does not shrink as much as the normal painters caulk. It is also more flexible. I had to remove some of it to change the moulding and found it difficult to cut through or peel off. It is a little tougher to get your hands on than the stuff at the home center but I think it is enough better to justify the effort.

One small thing is the screw on tips. If you are using multiple tubes, this helps to minimize usage since you can move the tip full of caulk to the new tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS