More turnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
While the glue is drying on the segmented bowl I started this bowl. First picture is why I like segmented turnings less chips:rotflm:
:rotflm:

Attachments

• DSC00436.jpg
    DSC00436.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC00438.jpg
    DSC00438.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 163

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Cathy
It is about 11 1/2 X 3 1/2 the paper that I had stored with the blank said that it was Buckeye?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nick, I may have to come and get some turning lessons from you. I could never get my walls that thin :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
That's a beautiful bowl!!!

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It looks great, but I don't get it. When you say segmented, does it mean you glued it up, and therefore you have more shavings?:-?

M

McRabbet

Nick,

You may have been out of commission for awhile with the recovery from your surgery, but you sure didn't let any rust gather on your skill level! Beautiful work! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Rob

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Travis
This bowl was from a solid blank so there is more waste. See my other post on segmented bowl WIP. Thanks Nick

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow, that looks great Nick. I can't believe how consistently thin you turned it. And it's big enough to be a punch bowl :eusa_clap

Roger

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
let me add my comment of that is a great turning, and it seems that you have mastered getting the walls as thin as you would like. Great job friend and be blessed.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Do Buckeye trees grow anywhere other than Ohio?

The Buckeye, Aesculus spp. grows up and down the Southeast and there are species native to Texas and California. Aesculus glabra is known as the Ohio Buckeye (and from which, Ohio get their name) but it can be found from Pennsylvania to Nebraska, Kansas and Alabama. Many species in the genus are also know as Horsechestnut, not to be confused with "....roasting on a open fire" and the almost extinct wood, Castanea dentata -American Chestnut.
Aesculus parviflora - Bottlebrush Buckeye, is the most beautiful of the species to use in a landscape setting. It's a large multi-stemmed shrub with 10" long, 3" wide white bottlebrush like flowers in June-July.
I have no clue as to which of the species Nick's turning is made from
(see how easily I returned back to the tread from my blatant hijack :-D)

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS