Mobile NCWW: Text Ad's

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I don't have much in the way of a solution, but wanted to convey this to those who are responsible for our paying customers ad's.

Loading the graphics is wildly unpopular on many levels.

I think it'd be possible to work out a "text" ad for those like Klingspor, The Woodworking Source, Woodcraft and Carolina Lumber Sourcing.

While I'm talking out loud, for future ad's, we might want to let them know that we also have mobile text ad.

What I wanted to be sure we considered, is if we don't display the paid ad's in the Mobile site, that we don't lose paying customers.

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Mmmm, what about no ads shown on the mobile template, but an ad is sent every week via SMS instead. Of course, just dreaming about the technology implications here, but that would be a much more fitting approach. Like you sais, just squeezing down the screen to fit on a mobile device is not the way to go.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I'm not sure many folks would want ads being sent to their phone via SMS. I wouldn't mind, but some might not have that included in their service package.

I like the idea of no ads on the mobile version, but I understand the obligation we have to the vendors as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS