Mobile Kitchen Island wheel casters advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Hey guys i am in the process of building a mobile kitchen island cart and was wondering if you have any suggestions on the types of casters used. I desire to have locking ones that would readily roll on the linoleum floor in the kitchen without leaving indentations. Well of course i understand that the linoleum will indent to some degree anyway.

I was just wondering if you all were familiar with a select type of wheel design/composition/etc; that is designed for this type of application and was on the market?

This mobile cart will cash in at a rather hefty weight somewhere around 80-90 lbs.

Chris

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Rockler has some attractive ones. Go to their website and type in casters. They have quite a few styles. In your application, select a wide tire to spread the weight. Good hunting.

Bob

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I used stem mounts on this one. Castors came from a Rockler sale, I believe.

Kitchen_Cart_2_.jpg

View image in gallery

Truefire

New User
Chris
Thanks a million guys :icon_cheers, i appreciate the replies and info. Just what i was looking for, haven't even thought about looking for casters on the woodworking equipment suppliers sites. Great suggestion.

now i have enough fuel for these decisions, decisions, decisions....:new_blowi

thanks chris

Outsanding job by the way JOE...i really like the cart...neat looking and highly functional :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS