Mobile Features discussion....

Vote for a feature

• Show "Posted via Mobile Device" in each post.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • or show "Useragent String" in each post.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or don't add anything special to posts made in mobile.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Second Feature: font size/text for top two lines : I like it (froglips)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • or its not working for me, I posted my suggestions below (froglips)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Can't think of a good way to do this, so I'll try a Poll.

I'll do a quick write up on features, and edit the poll so you can vote for choices.

Feel free to debate/discuss the features, but I'll implement features based on poll results.

Lots to consider I think.....

Jim

Last edited:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
First feature, showing Mobile info in a post.

This setting will add a line below your post letting folks know you posted from a mobile device.

Three options in Poll.

More features to come....

Jim

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Jim,

I'm guessing this is where you want other discussions to come in for the features of NCWW Mobile...

The site seems jumbled and hard to follow on my Dare, maybe it looks cleaner on a BB. There is no delimitation between any of the links.

Is it possible to just have a link to the classifieds on the front page?

My biggest frustration with it right now is that the links aren't clear at all.

I'm not sure how much control you have over how that template translates our full site over to mobile but I'm thinking less is more.

Thanks again for all you're doing! I know I certainly couldn't!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thanks Phil, for now I'm only asking about specific features. Or discussions about specific features. There are new settings and new functions we don't have today. I'll ask and post in the poll for each of these I find.

The look and feel is going to change a lot in the next few days, so I'd not worry too much about it for right now. When the Mobile Style is "stable", I'll start a thread about how it looks and how is it to use. Thats when the hard part will begin!

For right now, it'd help to know if something flat out doesn't work. If the pages won't load, or you can't change from NCWW Default to Mobile style. If you don't get the Mobile style when you try the site, that'd be a problem too.

To keep life "easier", you can report those kind of issues in the Staff To Do List thread: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f92/north-carolina-woodworker-mobile-26195/

I can't even imagine how this will look with so many different mobile devices out there in the so called "real world' :)

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
First option done. Turned off the feature, so no info about the mobile devise will show in a post.

Next option, the header!

I've updated the top two lines of each page.

North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. Mobile
An Educational Service of North Carolina Woodworker, Inc.

I also picked a small font size, to free up as much screen real estate as I could.

For now, nothing below these two lines is ready for discussion :)

The poll isn't working like I hoped, so just feel free to comment with posts :)

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS