Mobile base for $17+$7 shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

curley

New User
Jim Posey
I've got two of them One works real good,Its under my floor Craftsman Drill Press,That I very seldom need to move over one foot.The other is under my Craftsman 6 1/8in.Jointer that I need to move more often.It does not work at all much.I really need to exchange them.That one the front wheel does not work right.It's very agraveting.Thik I would skip these.I havened changed them hoping to run up on a better one.Jim:gar-Oo:

sapwood

New User
Roger
I have one on my PM bandsaw and it works ok. Agree that the front wheel can be a little aggravating, but IMO it's worth the price. :)

Roger

M

McRabbet

From my experience, the best mobile bases are the Shop Fox units you can get through Grizzly. They have several sizes and each is adjustable. The tool they support is not raised very much and they have four casters that work well. They cost between $60 and $90 for the small to large versions and they are super strong. I have 3 of them; this is
the mid-sized one:
g7314.jpg
and the large one:
g7315.jpg

Rob

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Is it me or are these mobile bases put together upside down? On my Delta and Delta clones the diagonal braces are on the bottom, not the top, so the tool sits closer to the floor.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Alan, I don't know about the Griz models, but the Homier can be flipped either way. So if the tool won't fit down between the sides of frame you can take the wheels and lock off and reverse them. Worked for me :mrgreen:

Roger

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Looks backwards to me as well, but who knows.

I have two of the HTC universals and am ok with them. My preference is a three wheel base. I have two Delta's and one HTC. I seem to like the Delta better (they are newer), as I don't have to bend over to tighten the lock nuts.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
After looking at it again, you're right, it does look upside down. Roger, good tip about being able to flip it.
I was thinking of it for something like my drill press that's relatively small, and I don't move it every time I'm in the shop.

curley

New User
Jim Posey
Chris, After looking over the mobile bases I have from Homier,I found The problems with mine were my own fault.Seems I must have droped mine down to hard when I was setting mine down to start work.There is a 3x5 plate that the front swiviel wheel is connected to.Seems I bent it pretty good.So I took all tis lifting wheel assembly off worked on it a little.The base works very well now,I must say I gave this a thumbs down to quick.Very pleased now. Jim:new_2guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS