Miter slots extension table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
A tip in PWW got me to make something I wanted for a long time. My Shopsmith has a small one that's almost a necessity on the small table.

Some changes include both tracks. That's a 16" wide board shown here.

Miter_Slot_Extension_Table1.JPG

View image in gallery

Shown here using a miter gage. Easing the corners makes it easier on the user.

Miter_Slot_Extension_Table2.JPG

View image in gallery

Boring an oversized half hole allows for removing/installing miter gages that have the button, from the front.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Steve, there are at least 2 ways, but first you'll need a board that will 'just' fit in the valley between the saw top and the fence tube and not bottom out when flush with the top of the same tube. Make that board hang past your table ~2in. on each side. Drill a thru hole to accept a Bies or Rockler skinny C clamp. The kind that reaches over a Bies fence. Screw the edge of the table to that while keeping the table tight against the saw top. This will be the same for both methods.

Screw another board of the same length flush against the near side of the fence tube with pocket screws (2 are enough). This will only be necessary if the C clamps are too long to clamp directly on the tube. Only those C clamps will work, because the clamps can't be higher that the table's top.

Or,
You can center a push type toggle clamp on the underside of the table to push against the fence tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors