Miter Saw small cutting Jig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
I have been wanting a better way to cut pieces on my SCMS. I want to do some segmented bowls and wanted to be able to cut the entire board into segments without risking my fingers.

From the picture...
The lever holds everything in place. The back pieces slide so I can have back support and just expose the kerf. It slides so any angle still support the wood. I built in some stop blocks.
IMG_6465.JPG

I have yet make any bowls but I did use it to cut some kerf thick wood for pen turning.
IMG_6464.JPG

If you have any questions/comments let me know.

Wes

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That is a sweet setup Wes:icon_thum You are making my head spin with all of these ideas you have come up with - keep up the good work

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Excellent, I have often struggled with a safe way to make those small cuts on the CMS...and still keep the cut piece.
One thing I have done to do it on the table saw, is to make a small cross cut sled. On the bed of the sled attach a board with a 45º bevel on one end. Align that bevel so that the blade kerf splits the plane between the flat and bevel. Use it as you would a regular cross cut sled, but the beveled board allows the off-cut to slide away from the blade and not go zingin' across the shop.

Dave:)

Kicbak

New User
Wes
DaveO - I wish I had room for a table saw....I just this slider and a festool circular saw for everything.

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors