Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Taking your picture of the resultant cut and visualizing it made by a chisel as opposed to a spinning blade a curved chisel edge as opposed to a straight one would give that kind of result. I would look at the arbor nut/washer causing cupping of the blade. Are these thin kerf blades ? If so it would not take much for them to bend on installation. :wsmile:

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
I beg forgiveness in not posting this sooner. I’m again comfortable with my miter saw’s ability to cut straight and square. I can’t trace the problem to any one issue, so one or more of the following seem to have done the trick.

(1) I rectified (to the best of my ability) a turntable that was high on one side (see a previous post).
(2) I cleaned, aligned and adjusted everything but the internals of the motor.
(3) As advised (here), I replaced the two arbor thrust washers and the arbor nut.
(4) In an effort to avoid the introduction of unwanted defection, I’m being careful about my hand and arm motion as I pull the saw down through a cut.

As an aside, and during the rehab process, I took a pretty close look at a number of today’s power miter saws. It’s easy to see that there are designs out there that pay much more attention to rigidity and effective adjustment. With that, I’ll keep using this rather fussy saw until the next time it demands as much attention as this last episode. Then… a new saw will be the cure.

Thanks for all the help.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors