Miter Gage Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hi all,

It seems the miter gage that came with my ShopFox table saw has an interesting quirk. To set it to 90 degrees, you dial in 94 degrees and then tighten it. As you tighten, the angle slowly changes until it settles in at something approaching 90 degrees. I've put up with this long enough so..

IMG_0536_0414.JPG

here's my new Incra 1000SE. Got it from Woodpecker for $99 99 plus $11.57 shipping. So far, I'm impressed. It was dead on right out of the box and seems very well made. It's gonna take a while to get the hang of the many features (most of which I'll never use). The manual is well made but assumes the purchaser has some knowledge of how a better-than-stock gage works. I don't so I'll plug away at it until I understand how to use all the features OR ... maybe I won't. So far the only negative I've found is that it isn't a tool-less gage. You need a hex wrench and another special tool (supplied by Incra) for many of the adjustments. Other than that, this thing is accurate!

Ernie

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
But now your Harpsicords will only get better:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Congrats!

I picked one up on Amazon a few weeks ago. Same impressions. If you learn something new, please pass on.

Maybe someone will do an online tutorial \workshop.

:icon_thum

Bryan S

Bryan
Nice score. Been [strike]needing[/strike] wanting a better miter gage and Rockler is listing it for $109 :eusa_thin

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Congrats! Always nice to do upgrades!

I am having tool envy. No new tools in the past xx days..... :-(

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Ernie,

I picked up one of these about 6 months ago and it is great!:eusa_danc

I also bought their coated auxiliary fence here....

http://www.woodpeck.com/auxfence.html#229

when it was on sale at Woodcraft. It has a niice non-skid surface and bolts right onto the Infra fence. (Even though it is sacrificial, I plan on using this auxiliary fence as a template to make an MDF/sandpaper auxiliary when it wears out.)

I am sure that you will enjoy the accuracy of this unit, immensely!

Nice catch!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors