Miscellaneous video thread

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Hopefully a NCWW tradition in the making...

I was hoping to create a thread of random, hard-to-categorize videos related to woodworking. These might not be immediately applicable for most of us, but how many times have we said to ourselves, "I remember when a guy posted a video about _________, and now I can't find it." I'm thinking we could just post random little things here and this will be the place we'll think to look for that random video.

I saw this one and it gave me an idea for a Christmas gift for my brother who, like me, is an avid beer drinker. He's a machinist (or was) and these would make cool pulls for a little wooden tool box for his junk, er, stuff.

There's probably a simpler way to do this, but I like the basic premise.

We have a bottle capper from our homebrewing days, so I don't need a motorcycle fork!

1589391292182.png

If you know someone who is a fan of a particular brand of beer or soda you could incorporate this into a gift by making different pulls for the various beers or sodas in their lineup.

Anyway, I'm just dreaming up stuff to do in quarantine.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I looked at Grandpa before. This guy is very talented and knows the way to do things the way they were done years ago. He's the Chinese Henry Underhill.

Pop:)

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Speaking of dowels, here's another one. Fast-forward to about 1:06.

EDIT: It won't show here so you'll have to click "Watch on YouTube."

Last edited:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Ken Parker was trained to be a machinist but now builds $20,000 plus archtop guitars. He also created the electric Parker Fly guitars that Prince made popular. This series of 3 videos has information I've not seen in one place on optimizing bandsaw blades, cutting cleanly, and setup. The Ittura band saw catalog was $12.00 for postage last I heard. He was supposed to be retiring.

Last edited:

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Entertaining video, funny guy, however I’m skeptical that even if you wax the super strut it won’t leave a nasty black spot anywhere there glue. High advise applying tape…and totally agree with the knobs.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS