Mind Blown

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Has anyone seen or heard of razor pencil blades?

Basically, on the Woodpecker sight naturally, these are razor blade shaped pencils that you can put into a razor blade to use for marking projects. So you are "slicing" down a line next to your ruler but it is a pencil mark and not an actual cut. I thought this was just the most amazing gadget upgrade I have seen in a while and the simplicity and brilliance of it is amazing. Maybe I am just late to the game learning about this, dunno. It is just really cool.

Attachments

• capt_installing-apblades_10.jpg
    capt_installing-apblades_10.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 103
  • main_accutraxapencilblades2_1_10.jpg
    main_accutraxapencilblades2_1_10.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 96
  • main_accutraxpencilblades1-2_10.jpg
    main_accutraxpencilblades1-2_10.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 93

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
NOT happening at my place.... I would try to cut something with the pencil one and cut through something delicate because I picked up the knife rather than the pencil one...UGH!

waitup

New User
Matt
NOT happening at my place.... I would try to cut something with the pencil one and cut through something delicate because I picked up the knife rather than the pencil one...UGH!

I'd have to color code my knife handles. Green for the pencil and red to cut or something.

Eric G

Eric
Senior User

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I've used them before, may even still have some. Problem I had was they are so thin that they are brittle and I kept breaking them so I went back to a mechanical pencil

Eric G

Eric
Senior User
I've used them before, may even still have some. Problem I had was they are so thin that they are brittle and I kept breaking them so I went back to a mechanical pencil
True. I mostly use a marking knife anyways. I keep a few mechanical pencils with me in the shop at all times. A larger 2mm lead holder usually used for writing on parts to mark pieces....and a 0.5mm (Specifically, this one) if I have a need to mark out joinery with a pencil instead of a marking knife.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have mentioned it before, but I used to do "real" drafting on a board and when I transitioned to CAD, I had (likely still have) a bunch of tools that would go unused...
I REALLY like the 2mm lead holders that Eric (@Eric G) mentioned above... While mine were basically free, here is an example: https://smile.amazon.com/Lead-Holde...d=1616763987&sprefix=2mm+lead,aps,202&sr=8-23
But like 0.5mm pencils, they can get pricy quick!
Remember if you are willing to support Bezos' company - start at smile.amazon.com and choose NCWW as your charity!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS