Mill Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckndrsn

New User
Rick
My father-in-law, 86 yo Iowa farmer, gave me some walnut planks off the family farm. My son had asked so he could have something from his granddad in his house. Well, the planks will end up supplying the shelves in a project for his home, but I have to get some mill work done first. The planks are 2 1/4" x 11" x 80" and I need them ripped down to 1"x... I don't have anything that can do that and I wouldn't mind some planing as the only one available to me does a max of 10".

So does anyone know of a good place I could get this basic work done in the Triangle area? I can drive out Burlington way if there is someone out there.

Rick

Last edited:

klfelkins

New User
Kristy
Rick,
We have an 18 inch planer.....we also have a large band saw that could probably be used to re-saw the wood.
Let me know if this may help.
Thanks
Kristy

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hi Rick. First off - welcome to NCWW! When you have a moment, please create a post telling us a little about yourself.

Regarding your question, I have a sawmill and kiln drying business located in New Hill (just south of Jordan Lake), and have a 16" horizontal resaw bandsaw and a 25" jointer planer, and I can resaw those for you in case Kristy's offer does not work out.

Regards,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors