• Tghsmith - hammer dulcimer

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Ernie M - harpiscord

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

tghsmith

tghs
User
hammer dulcimer made from plans with some modifications. mahogany, cherry, tiger maple, figured maple,holly, ebony, oak and others,, table stand and floor stand made from oak.. cat sound holes were my celtic inspired design..
IMGP0049.JPG
IMGP0050 (2).JPG
IMGP0051.JPG
IMGP0053.JPG

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
This contest may be hard to judge without a sound track, LOL!

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
After years of building harpsichords based on 17th century instruments, I decided to design my own. This small instrument ( just under 5' long ), was designed as an entry level harpsichord without most of the decorative niceties (soundboard paintings, lid paintings, platform, multi leg stands, etc.) that enhance the aesthetic value but also enhance the price. It's relatively light weight and screw on legs make it an easy instrument to transport. It has a single 8' register with a buff stop. The keyboard shifts to allow it to transpose
from A-415 (the old pitch) to the modern A-440 pitch.

harp2.jpg

harp.jpg

harp5.jpg

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
After years of building harpsichords based on 17th century instruments, I decided to design my own. This small instrument ( just under 5' long ), was designed as an entry level harpsichord without most of the decorative niceties (soundboard paintings, lid paintings, platform, multi leg stands, etc.) that enhance the aesthetic value but also enhance the price. It's relatively light weight and screw on legs make it an easy instrument to transport. It has a single 8' register with a buff stop. The keyboard shifts to allow it to transpose
from A-415 (the old pitch) to the modern A-440 pitch.

View attachment 210654

View attachment 210652

View attachment 210653
Ernie, Beautiful as always.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
While the dulcimer is great, Ernie's Harpsichord won. I am looking forward to the interview with Ernie - Gene will do the professional writeup.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS