Marking Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I discovered this in my wife's sewing stuff years ago and thought I'd pass it along. Just roll on the lines of your pattern and it makes little indentations in the wood. I have put carbon paper under the pattern or just connect the dots.
Joe

Attachments

• Marking Wheel.jpg
    Marking Wheel.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 219

Big Mike

New User
Mike
I have a set of those that I purchased many moons ago specifically designed for woodworking. My marking wheels are called pounce wheels and are sharp pointed little wheels that you use to follow a pattern and pierce it with the little points. Then you are supposed to sprinkle chalk dust through the little holes and voila' you have design on your wood. This sprinkling was done with a chalk filled pounce pouch that you dabbed on the pattern. When I made wooden toys I used them a lot until I made wooden patterns that I could trace.

Now how's that for useless information.....:eusa_thin

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Useless???:roll: , that is some great information:eusa_clap . My wife sews, I'll be stealling more than her iron now:eusa_thin . I've been using carbon paper, but that stuff is getting really hard to find. I'm going to give that system a try. Thanks to you both for the advice. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS